Register To Comment
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to Lithium

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons
    I thought that was the same with all batteries?
    Not a written rule, more of an unwritten rule. It's listed in many a battlebots build guide to make batteries removable within 1 minute.

so they can be left in if you please? but its better if you remove them since if they catch fire, its only the batteries what will go and nothing else inside your bot?

7.8.5 Inspection
    LiPo batteries must be removed from the robot, inspected and placed into a LiPo sack prior to and during
    the charging process.
    It's a written rule.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons
    so they can be left in if you please? but its better if you remove them since if they catch fire, its only the batteries what will go and nothing else inside your bot?
    Allow me to clarify:
    All Lithium batteries have to removable, as stipulated by the FRA rules.
    All non-lithium batteries can be charged in the machine , but is advised to be removable for precisely that reason.

I use a 4Ah pack in boner and they use about the same

Thanks for the offer of help Gary, I haven't got MSN though so I'll collect info through other means of pestering..

I thought Li-Fe was more powerful than Li-Po but more stable?

We plan on giving Bitza a spinning weapon, so there will be quite a draw there.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-27
    I thought Li-Fe was more powerful than Li-Po but more stable?
    No, because they are more stable the amount of energy per gram is less than with Lipo.

Even with a spinning weapon you won't empty a lipo pack unless it is a very small pack. I could happily get five fights out of the pack in boner, maybe six, before charging if I want to.get yourself a five cell, four ah pack and you will have no capacity or current draw issues. Just follow all the safety guidelines in the rules and use a decent charger

Interesting....

Looking at getting a 5cell then around 2500 - 3000 mah.

Can anyone recommend a charger? Minimal cost, remember it is called Bitza!

Register To Comment