Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bid to bring back tornado

(was unsure of were to post)

I've considered doing it for a while now and I think it's about time tornado made a comeback

Such a amazing bot is just being used for advertisement currently and talking to one of the guys from team tornado it still works so why not bring that bot back into a competitive standard, into 2011 and see it back in the arena were it is ment to be?

without giving too much away my new heavy is a cross between tornado, the new merlin and 540 so watch this space (build diary coming

So it's going to be a amazing pusher, have a bar flipper and me quick? And also burn out motors every fight

they probably wouldn't for the same reason that typhoon 2 would only ever be used for demo purposes (once we get around to repairing it). Too valuable and iconic to have it trashed in an arena now

nope just taken aspects of each of the robots, there will be no flipper and fingers crossed the motors won't burn out every fight

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver
    they probably wouldn't for the same reason that typhoon 2 would only ever be used for demo purposes (once we get around to repairing it). Too valuable and iconic to have it trashed in an arena now
    It could hold it's own I think and if the armour gets updated then it could become a competitive bot

And were would you demo the lethal bot that is typhoon 2?

it could be spun up in the robochallenge arena safely enough, and as long as the opponent was something that would disintegrate like a pc

That would be a good bit of driving there

Quote Originally Posted by jonny
    without giving too much away my new heavy is a cross between tornado, the new merlin and 540 so watch this space (build diary coming soon)
    also a smidgion of lightning in the mix, hoping to have it ready for uk champs next year

Oh, please fire up Tornado. Even if it is just a demo, I just want to see it move again!

Register To Comment