2 14.29%
  • shocking

0 0%
  • awsome

6 42.86%
Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: major damage views

its a great bot, but its not so powerful as sir K or mr phyco because (in my opinion) they dont need to put on quite so much of a show since its not on screen and builders dont want their bots ruined

(just my opinion, but all robots companies still put on a great show)

why is there no mediocre on this poll seriously though major damage is for show not for actual combat, the hammer doesn't need to be powerful otherwise it would wreck peoples robots, it just needs to look good from a distance and the claw just needs to be able to lift robots and plonk them out of the arena/in the pit. i'm sure jonno could give major damage the power to crush straight through robots and smash them to pieces if he wanted to but it wouldn't be a good upgrade. people would need thicker armour thus there would be less weight for the weapon so there would be alot more hardox boxes!

I think its great. It has a lot on Psycho & Sir K. It's better armoured, weighs more at a lower centre of gravity and seems to be better controlled only just.

The slight flaw on Major Damage's part is that all is kinda wasted on the featherweights. They require a house robot more like the original four, not the large, if audience pleasing, displays of raw power the current house robots are.

seems a bit of a stupid topic tbh major damage is a thing for the shows built to impress the audience

it weighs 900kg+
    the hammer is 40kg and falls like a metre to the ground which will give any robot a good smack
    and the lifter arm can lift a hw with ease and toss it about how ever

yes you could make it bigger meaner more powerful but, people wouldn't want to put their robots up against it, it would need its own truck for transport adding lots to any show bill and it would cost £1000s more it already cost like £6000 or something

thats my opinion and id say that of most others and the audience

and at the o2 the newish fw house bot was used....matilda

alex

for some reason whenever i try to vote it doesn't let and keeps saying its invalid or something. anyone else having this problem?

Personally I've never liked the house robots to do large amounts of damage...that was part of what killed Robot Wars in my opinion, the house robots became so powerful and so destructive - and so randomly destructive, when Matilda got involved particularly you could never tell precisely what would happen - that they just became game breakers, capable of influencing the outcome of fights on their own (as seen with Terrorhurtz/Ming III, Killertron in one of the Extreme I melees, and arguably the series 7 final) and it took too much away from the idea of having two robots solely against each other. It also meant a lot of people were getting their robots unnecessarily wrecked beyond the point of being immobilised which I can never be in favour of.

In my opinion Jonno's got it about right with Major Damage - a house robot should add character to a show and provide an interesting tactical dimension, but never majorly influence the outcome of a fight or cause excessive damage.

Major Damage was built for a purpose......a bit of a wow factor for those that have never seen robots before. He sells tickets at venues....he is a good advertising tool....he is more powerful that you think....i weigh over 18 stone and he lifts me with ease. The jaws could crush your robot if jonno turned up the juice but its not built for that. To build a machine that has no resemblence to another is very hard so a comparison to Mr psyco and killalot is obvious. To build a machine like that is an achievement in itself. some like it some dont. I like it.

Register To Comment