Register To Comment
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: why are these weight classes are not more popular?

Assuming there would be another event in Edinburgh (or Scotland for that matter) next year, I'd definitely try to get one built for then. Even if there isn't, I might aim to build one next year anyway just to have something a bit heavier to show off to friends and family :P

Also just found an electric wheelchair on eBay sitting at £1 with two days remaining. I'd be tempted if it didn't involve a trip down to Shropshire.

Quote Originally Posted by k_c_r
    Also just found an electric wheelchair on eBay sitting at £1 with two days remaining. I'd be tempted if it didn't involve a trip down to Shropshire.
    Looked that up and saw another wheelchair with a great bit in the description, even if the grammar is a bit ropey, its stuff funny that he thought of this

robot wars this ones for you lol could make a mega robot out of this but again a bit good really.

Let's do a straight word I mouth thing:

Question: who owns or would be willing to build a middleweight?

Team Scotland will get back to you on that one

I spent this afternoon looking through our spare bits and it looks like we've got enough stuff to build one (or even two) middleweights.

If I am able to build one it won't be until after my exams are finished (at the beginning of June).

Here's what I came across while looking through our spares.

2x Wheelchair motors, gearboxes and wheels
    Low Pressure ram (roughly 80mm bore)
    enough stuff for a pneumatics system (regulator, valve, PRV, dump etc...)
    Batteries (Maelstrom's spares)
    Sidewinder
    Couple of 600g CO2 bottles (featherweight spares)

Looks like we have all the basics for a middleweight.

If more people build one then we may end up getting one going

I do really think we can get this class going. And I for one will build a middle in time

I kinda feel I sparked off this class again

looks like not too bad a machine that will

I think we're probably gonna throw something together. Try and do it for the event in Edinburgh. if we're the only middleweight there then fair nuf, it probably won't fight, no biggy. Plus I like the added pressure that's gonna require an A-team style build over a few weekends to throw it all together

In time im most certainly going to build a middleweight

Register To Comment