Register To Comment
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: why are these weight classes are not more popular?

That sounds good, that way it keeps it very even and experienced builders won't dominate the weight class

I can understand banning ti, but maybe limiting thickness of Hardox would be better than banning it, it seems to have become a fairly standard armour type over the years.

Also, a Calcutta Cup replica made of Hardox to the winner

Umm I'm gonna vito the hardox one right away if i'm involved in making a kinectic energy axe! One of the few materials I can use that will stand up to the abuse involved and allow me to protect both the internals of the bot and the external audience if anything goes wrong with it. HDPE ain't so great at what i have in mind :P

External armour wise for the rest of the bot I have no problem in dropping hardox out of the equation

I think if they can get some proper rules drawn up then I think this class could really take off

Yeah, so far there seems to be a few, Team Scotland, Team England? Craig's one, Will's one, my one , Maxus, Voodoo chile? (i think calum has that now but i could be wrong) and the one Robots Live own
    Looking good!

by the end of the year i would love to see a middleweight fight at robots live

Naah not the end of the year, get it done for RL Edinburgh like us

i would but the trouble is in 300 miles from you lot

standard distance for any event! Even if there is no competition for it at the edinburgh event, then i think we will still try and build one for it. See if we can't inspire a few people to throw something together from spare parts.

we need a build diary or at least some photos

Register To Comment