Register To Comment
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: why are these weight classes are not more popular?

tell you what, lets do some chatting off the forum about it, you on msn? I'm at xzibit206 'at' hotmail.com

Alan would you have any issues with the potential of a kinetic energy axe weapon similar to the idea that ewan is testing out atm? Say a 2 to 3kg spinning mass completely enclosed so that if something does go wrong inside the bot it is all contained?

Also would anyone else be up for getting a middleweight bot to the comp in June in Edinburgh? I realise it's short notice etc being around 6 weeks away.

My main focus will be on getting the featherweights running for it but I could probably spare a weekend to offer myself as an extra pair of hands to help construction. Not really got much to offer in the way of parts; a Bosch 400 is about the most suitable thing I currently have but that's getting chucked into the feather

I am indeed, i'll add you in a second. I think Alan said he had a middle, and possibly Craig would be able to complete Angel if he had reason to i.e. if it had a chance of a fight. See if the English can come up with anything :wink:

i doubt i'll build a middleweight anytime soon, i've got a load of bosch 400's but all my time/cash is being used on other things at the moment. might sell the bosch 400's so if anyone's interested let me know

bosch 400 in a feather?! What do you have planned?!

Smashy smashy

No problem with the kinetic axe. I don't know what other middles will make it to Edinburgh, mine won't be ready, i don't think i'll have room to bring it up either (ive already got to bring 5 heavies, 2 boxers, mechanoid, dalek, walker, house robot, few feathers, not to mention an arena and all that goes with it!). I understand Craig isn't coming, a long way for a one day event .

if no others are able to make it then we could put it on the back burner or just build it anyway for the hell of it

At the FW champs Craig was saying his robots might be there even if he isnt thats why I mentioned it

If I'm sure other people will build one then I will build a pneumatic flipper middleweight, hopefully after a feather flipper

Register To Comment