Register To Comment
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: why are these weight classes are not more popular?

I don't think starting a LW class would be a good idea

My view on the matter is that in the average show, we currently have 8 heavy fights and 2 for the feathers, add a MW class and that maybe comes out of the heavy total, so 7 heavy fights, 1 middle fight and 2 for the feathers. Not forgetting that the heavies are the main class, if you then introduced a LW class, I can see a fight coming off the feathers, which would not be good considering how many roboteers (including ourselves), currently have just the feathers.

Heavy & Feather seems to be a good combo
    In my oppinion, Heavy, Middle, Light & Feather is way too much, maybe Heavy, Middle, Feather would be OK too
    Considering that the KiloBots seem to be taking off, and we already have the ants (which both have a separate arena), we already have 4 weightclasses, we don't really need any more

So who if anyone is building in this class and what kind of bot are they building?

I want to see if there is a future in this class and if it's worth building in

think i might just take my ideas and parts to a heavyweight

Is anyone thinking of going into mw?

Or is it something which probably won't take off?

if more people were building i might , i'm tempted to build a lwthough

lw's just seem like fw's with a big weapon to me

its more the fact that its a smaller jump than fw - hw but most of the internals can be used in hw's if you go with bosch 400's etc

If you want to build a heavy build a heavy, don't mess about wasting cash and time on a middleweight. However if want to have some fun with a larger weight class and not spen the earth then build a lightweight

Register To Comment