Register To Comment
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: why are these weight classes are not more popular?

just wondering, whats the deal with middle weights at the minute?

i've got a pair of wheel chair motors with gokart wheels attached and a ton of other parts and i fancy making a middle weight flipper to have a bit of fun with.

im ment to be doing my heavy atm and more than anything its a pain working on it cos of a lack of space so im only doing things to it every so often but i wouldn't mind making a middle as im getting some free time to do something robot related comming up.

just wondering how many other middles are about atm?

if you aint gunner use them, ill take them

Gary, Jamie and I were going to build one for RL Edinburgh but decided against it due to time constraints, I cant speak for all of us but we will probably do it at some point after Edinburgh when there aren't many competitions we're going to and have more time on our hands.

If we can see a middleweight fight happen then I think it will encourage more people to build them

Hopefully yes, the problem is that we have to travel 5 odd hours per event (usually) and probably wont do that if there is only a small chance of us actually getting a fight.

I think we counted roughly 3-4 middles that exist at the moment, even if they are in different states of completion/repair not including our one.

build one and sell it on?

you can hold the title of the only working middleweight in Scotland?

Its fairly easy to get titles like that in Scotland, all 4 of us probably have some sort of claim to fame in that sense

I'm gonna claim the title of most pish grabby bot in Scotland

you can hold the title of the only working middleweight in Scotland
    The middleweight typhoon is still in a runnable condition last time i seen it however no arena could run it.

Now that the initial excitement is gone i'm hesitant to get involved heavily in building a middleweight as like Tony says, 5 hours each way is a pain in the proverbial. The parts I have could also be thrown into a heavyweight and I have several other bits and pieces that could allow me to build a heavy however I just don't get that excited by heavyweight events to the same degree as featherweights, it's the lack of spinners and damage for the most part.

Yet also the most awesome grabby bot in Scotland too

Register To Comment