Register To Comment
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cicatrix Build Diary

Aaaah, so that's what those CADs I saw on Jamie's Photobucket were about ;P

Looking good...how are the pods joined, is it just a few bolts or something more complex?

Just some M10 bolts going through the RG1000 into corresponding Nyloc nuts that have been press-fitted (read: hit with a hammer) into the Nylon chassis. Four of them in total, although it only ran with two of them at the UK champs. I had hoped to make it in such a way that access to the bolts and removal of the pods was quick and easy but it never happened like that
    However, since the pods are most likely going to be swapped between events rather than between fights, speed isn't necessarily of the essence, so hopefully Tony won't mind the hassle

Its still not too difficult, as long as you loosen/tighten all 4 at once its not a bother really, and will be even less so when its only a 4 motor wires running between them (while running with its current pod). I'll get a few photos of how they're joined and also put in the other 2 M10 bolts in tomorrow, hopefully.

Worked out a better way of getting to those M10 bolts today as I was fitting the other 2 I said I would tackle today, might even be able to do it between fights at a competition, but can find that out if they day comes. Took some photos of it in its 2 separate pods form and also of the 4 bolts now connecting it together. As well as the 4 M10's it is held together by the outer armour, which is 8mm HDPE. Bits of that are also on the list for replacement before Edinburgh as Buzzbar has chewed it up in places

Gary just mentioned that on Facebook actually . It could be done, would just need to wait until my cousin wasn't looking and steal Daiske's radio gear and batteries and we're good to go. A cluster rambot would be ineffective though would it not?

I also discovered today that one of the wheels when its put under any weight, the grinding noise it makes is making me think grub screws, but that'll be for another day.

Fighting as a cluster may come in useful at some point, maybe try it for a laugh sometime. If for some reason I have Cicatrix and Daiske both in bits at the same place then i'll whack the necessary bits into the front pod of Cicatrix and try it out, will put a video of it on here if I ever do.

I would do it tomorrow, but it takes so long as so much effort to take those M10 bolts out, need to pretty much disassemble the whole front end to do it. Actually, maybe when i'm taking out all the ESC's to replace them with the XXL and neatening up all the wiring i'll give it a go, should be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardomayo
    It would be cool.
    Call one Potato and the other Po-tah-to :P
    Actually, let's call the whole thing off!

You say a cluster ram bot would be ineffective, so why not give them weapons? Kaizer comes in at about 7kg and it has a weapon. Survived Buzz bar too.

Quote Originally Posted by psychostorm
    You say a cluster ram bot would be ineffective, so why not give them weapons? Kaizer comes in at about 7kg and it has a weapon. Survived Buzz bar too.
    Because its not a clusterbot The front section could and will have a weapon yes, but to give the rear pod that houses all the important things a weapon would compromise the whole robot and its also not really big enough.

Cicatrix did survive Buzzbar, it was working the same amount before as it was after

Register To Comment