Register To Comment
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Avenger build diary

After Whitwick I found several problems with my old bot so I am just rebuilding him, my new bot ..... EITHER Spike 2 or ReAvenger (can't pick)

The new bot will be shorter, have thicker armour, bigger wheels, better batteries and more importanly 4 wheel chain drive system (which will be unconventional, but so am I)

Currently, I have taken out ALL the insides of my old bot and put them in storage till I got some more time to measure it all up for the new body but will keep you posted and I should come back with a harder and faster robot (well, I'm more after one that works properly and drives in straight lines, but you get the picture)

Straight lines are over rated & a predictable battle tactic!

when you try and drive straight and go quite badly to the right, straight is better

but, it looked like i was ment to be doing that

after looking at the Carcinus rebuild i am now tempted by a clawed robot, still called either 'Spike 2' or 'ReAvenger' but i could finally have an active weapon

just bought my actuator and esc for it (it was thrown in and i hope it works) so i can get the dimensions and waight of the batteries so i can start looking at size and thickness of armor

update:

got my actuator but i need a new esc since the one i got didnt work, but it was free

im doing the whole thing now in 10mm hdpe and i might come a little under weight but if i do i can always beef up the claws or just add some extras in

although i do need another £140 for the batteries and extra ones needed, esc and armor and thats not even including the stuff for the claws, chargers and all the other little bits i need to buy (DAM I NEED A JOB!), its going to be a long one to buy and build but with my birthday in July, im aiming for the competition in Kidderminster in october so i should have plenty of time to get it built and i have the summer in the middle of that so more than enough time

just been down to my local metal works, got some 4mm ali for the actuator end. there off-cuts bin is amazing! i would get enough metal to make a whole featherweight just from off-duts, and i am now considering it

Any pics of the bot?

not yet since i dont even have all the bits for the inside yet, i aint bought the stuff to make the body shell yet

got a load of checkered mild steel from a metal works in Market Harborough out of the scraps bin all for free happy person

a mix of 3-6mm (minus 4mm) for various parts of the armor and i will have the 8mm HDPE lid and base. ordering the esc for the actuator at the weekend, then its just the £72 for the 2 3300 mAh 9.2V batteries and 2 spares and the £22 for 2 chargers (dont need any moire than that, just charge all my batteries before the events

Register To Comment