Register To Comment
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Avenger build diary

one i hav compleated my featherweight i am going onto a massive project....

TEAM AVENGER ARE BUILDING A HEAVYWEIGHT!!!!!!

This is mainly due to being donated a fully working wheel chair and i have though 'right, bite the bullet and let just build one!'

So obviously wheel chair motor driven, will have probably 8mm steel armor and then a 10mm steel bio-hazard style electric lifter. this is a massive project for me to undertake and will take probably a couple of years but will all be worth it, this is a 'build it properly, not quickly' robot that will hopfully hold its own in the arena (eventually)

A word of advice: Make sure the motors are mounted well, that was Cabrakan 1's downfall, the motors were mounted badly and irreparly broke them, and they were from a wheelchair.

Side note: I asked about a replacement for it, they said they were Mark 1 motors, they were on Mark 3. £300 for a new one! I could buy a Mag C40 for that!

These ones are going to be mounted very sturdy, like I said, a long project but I'm doing it right, not quickly

Featherweight update:

i have drawn up some plans for the new feather and its not going too bad, the body might be a little different to what i intended and will be smaller than some feather's but it should be a very strong robot that i can hopfully enter into spinner events

little update, going to get the bodywork done for my featherweight in the next couple of weeks, and im currently getting the rest of the cash together to buy all my parts in one big hit

Due to a pair of my snakes breeding I have had to put my robot lower down my priorities ATM. Any money spare can go on robot parts but there probably won't be much

my robot project looks little more hopfull sicne i have been able to borry the most expencive part of my snake incubating equipment.

i chucked all the insides from my old robot into a body shell i had laying about to test it all and it all still works.

bought a battery charger off ebay, now i need a powerpack for it, getting the metal parts of the body done in the next couple of weeks and ordering the HDPE soon aswell so i can make a proper start on it

little update:

bought the metal for the claws today, got 2m of 30mm x 30mm x 3mm steel tubing for a whole 5 quid!

did the maths and the metal for the body and claws is about 7kg, so it should come in the 13.6kg limit

ordering some 10mm hdpe for the lit and base tomorow and doing all the welding of the body sometime during the week, also ordering the power supply for the battery charger. then that will clear me out for while.

all that will be left to order is the esc for the claws and the batteries, we are looking on target for being done in the next 6-8 weeks

had to make the bot slightly wider sicne i got my guessing wrong

it's now 49cm wide! but only 24cm long and 8cm high, i just hope it comes in the weight limit!

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons
    Due to a pair of my snakes breeding I have had to put my robot lower down my priorities ATM.
    Best...excuse...ever

anyway, sounding great

Register To Comment