Register To Comment
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Robo Challenge UK Championships. April 15-17, NEC

We've signed up with Whirlwind, Heatwave and Whirlpool although Whirlwind may be changed for Aftershock 2 if that gets put back together in time.

Looks like this is going to be a good event- we have tickets for Gadget Show live anyway so this is even better

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons
    then that means i wont be since i wouldn't come back with a robot, just a pile of bits
    I wouldn't say no to it, personally. I entered last year's for my first event and I had enough left to compete last Sunday. Besides, you could always just enter the annihilator on Saturday & Sunday. Most of the destructive spinners will be in the semis & unable to enter.

Plus the white boards. There were about 5 a weekend day? in Yeovil. 2 of which were non spinner. Check out the rogue two videos for examples.

so i could come allong and have a couple of fights without some spinners/the less destructive ones?

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons
    so i could come allong and have a couple of fights without some spinners/the less destructive ones?
    That would be up to the event organizers but since 'Robots appearing for whiteboards' came up in the entry form - I would assume so.

Quote Originally Posted by ady
    i think this is the school hols week?
    The Friday isn't.

Kaizer's signed up, now what's happening with accommodation?

i think if i was able to build a new body in time then i would enter

does entering this come with free entry to gadget show live?

The scruffy Scots are pooling our resources, so Drumroll II and Boner have both been entered
    Was just going to put Carcinus in the whiteboards but decided at the last minute to throw it in the main comp. The rebuild means it should - should - stand up better to the spinners.

If entry to this event means entry to the whole of Gadget Show Live, I will be very impressed with what James and Grant have organised for us, and also very excited as (assuming they have a stand again this year) I will be able to go and admire all the Roland electronic drum tech

Can't wait!

ooooh Roland will be there, hhhhmmmmm.

Do you think entering this as a first event would be a bad idea? Also a lot of people mentioning the 02, I'm confused I thought this was the NEC in Birmingham?

Register To Comment