Register To Comment

Thread: advice for an electric axe?

i started making a heavy flipper over a year ago and after being at barnsley and hearing what kenny had to say about what hes doing with stamper - don't get me wrong the heavys were great to watch, but i no longer want to make another heavy with a flipper as i think a bit more variety would be good and as theres only 3 axes about at the minute that i can think of (correct me if im wrong) i recon it could be a good way to go - although i've still got a few more ideas in my head for other weapons, just wanted to see about axes for now

the main things i needed to no what motor would be a good buy?

what mod of gears? i would have thought 2.5/3 and preferably just want the 1 stage so what ratio/reduction have people used before?

and what controllers etc etc

any advice would be good i no johno did it before to the old corkscrew so can always ask him if not many people are sure -- as i don't think there have been many about before

cheers

http://b-e-t-a.com/

Granted it's a possibly a bit OTT on the power front, it's about the nicest looking example you'll find and John might be able to give you some advice.

For my feather I started with terrorhurtz and went from there, I know thats pneumatic but the build diary gave me the numbers I needed for travel, ratios etc.

good stuff guys thanks

i no how im going to go about building it 4mm hardox base with 3.2 bulkheads and get all the drive mounted with all its parts as low as possible so the axe,motor and gearing can be done later on and just put on top...... but its just comming up with a design that i feel happy with, is different and looks nothing like anyone elses lol

what's happening with the flipper? just gonna scrap it or are you having 2 heavies?

im not sure at the minute, i don't have the space for 2 heavies and the bonus of my new one is it'll be smaller so it'll take up less space

ill keep it for now but honstly i think its only going to gather dust, mabye end up giving it away/selling it with all the pneumatic parts if there was somebody out there who would finish it but not really sure yet

fingers crossed it'll fight sometime, it's a very nice robot

Register To Comment