Register To Comment
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Roaming Robots 2011 - News

Brilliant job Jonno very well done this is the type of event that will bring the robot scene back into the public domain.
    I hope we will be able to go to it, Easter is a busy time for Saints, even ones as bad as me!!! But if I possibly can I will be there.

Well with a potential 5000 tickets to sell it should put it in the domain, that's without any tv coverage.

John, Spinners won't be running in the mainstream fights just yet, especially for the O2, it will be business as usual.
    Spinners at the moment will be fighting robots which are designed to be ripped apart, no hardox, limited to 1mm steel etc. We won't be putting any discs against each other as that would be worst case scenario for safety.

Some things noted by testing smidsy And the disc.
    1) they should ideally be constructed out of a 1 piece design.
    2) I'd blades are fitted careful Choice in material, with 2 methods of attachment, bolted And welded, and key way into the disc too.
    3) all discs to be run through a speed controller, doesn't matter what type. There's no using relays anymore.
    4) the speed of the disc will be governed by turning it down via the speed controller of adjusting the end stop on the channel on the transmitter. Smidsy is set to 30%. and I'm happy with that.
    5) for now until we test smidsy, I will decide the acceptable speed, we will then work put the speed An set that as the level, and calibrate it with a tacho.

John
    Roaming Robots.

Im gonna persuade my mum to death to bring me to the UK champs

Jonno do you have any plans (you can share) of the arena?

any clues on which tv company?
    also couldn't you invite some old roboteers like kim davies?

Quote Originally Posted by MattPPA13
    Don't jinx the tv deal. Leave it alone. LEAVE IT ALONE!

More to the point of posting, I sincerely believe more TV names will be needed to sell the potential tickets you state over page. Even more so if it turns out to be per show. The O2 is going to be a right... Botheration (that'll do) to get to & very expensive for this time in recession, so we need to pull out all the stops. Ex champions & anyone who will make a fool of themselves for a large enough audience.

On a personal note, if you are going to recall ex champions, can I issue the challenge of Panic Attack versus Chaos 2? I always wanted to see that and mentorn deprived me of that twice with judges decisions.

Oh and you may wish to have the UK champions since 2005 slugit out against the 2011 winner. Just a thought .

Shouldn't this have publicity out by now? People are planning what to do in April as we speak & valuable advertising space on Robot Wars repeats on Dave has gone to waste.

Still as ever good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by psychostorm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPPA13
    Don't jinx the tv deal. Leave it alone. LEAVE IT ALONE!

More to the point of posting, I sincerely believe more TV names will be needed to sell the potential tickets you state over page. Even more so if it turns out to be per show. The O2 is going to be a right... Botheration (that'll do) to get to & very expensive for this time in recession, so we need to pull out all the stops. Ex champions & anyone who will make a fool of themselves for a large enough audience.

On a personal note, if you are going to recall ex champions, can I issue the challenge of Panic Attack versus Chaos 2? I always wanted to see that and mentorn deprived me of that twice with judges decisions.

Oh and you may wish to have the UK champions since 2005 slugit out against the 2011 winner. Just a thought .

Shouldn't this have publicity out by now? People are planning what to do in April as we speak & valuable advertising space on Robot Wars repeats on Dave has gone to waste.

Still as ever good luck with it.

George Francis may need a bit of convincing to come

Register To Comment