Register To Comment
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roaming Robots 2011 - News

Matt, you quoted all of that for one sentence?

Andy, I also see the irony of the least qualified person advising the business man what to do. On the other side, customer feedback, potential or paying is always useful.

I have faith jonno will pull through a spectacular gig worthy of its surrounds.

I can't however be complacent about ticket sales.
    There may be a royal wedding at the end of the week but that could equally work against it.

People wanting to avoid London for the week, tourists who'd rather see the sights than see the show & locals with little possible interest due to a lack of regulars @ the O2.

I don't mean to sound like a kill joy but business is that rough and I want to do everything in my limited power to ensure this gig succeeds & even sells out.

If you wish to laugh at our efforts, feel free.

ive never quoted anything on here before and only realised i could cut it down after i posted it

OMG Dude! This is really good news Jonno Hope we get an audience and robot attendance not seen since Robot Wars

Shame were not going to RIAT, we were going to there for part of our summer hollidays
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

Now now guys, nice you€™re getting involved.

Andy is of course correct, this is crunch time really. I felt as Dave was showing the repeats and there has been a new spark ignited it was time to take the plunge. An opportunity came my way which I had to go for, and in my opinion, perfect timing, perfect place, perfect risk !

Don€™t get bogged down thinking that I€™ve signed a multimillion pound TV deal, as I haven€™t, There is a MAJOR RISK being taken by this event, we are talking 10€™s of thousands for the budget, and it either works or it doesn€™t. If it does, its great news for the future. If it fails, then I don€™t know what will happen, and that€™s the truth.

Arena
    As you should be aware, I have been around asking opinions, and gaining information regarding new arenas, I don€™t think the majority have had their say, but have had the opportunity. I even emailed every email on my list but even then didn€™t get any interest.

I am as usual thinking outside the box with the current arenas we have already, which will take things to a new level. The new arena will not only be for the O2 but for our other events aswell.
    Cages, Flip out zones, arena effects, multilevel floor, new house robot, have all been discussed, but no actual decision has been made as yet. ( still time to have your say ) all ideas welcome.

Provisional plans have been drawn up, and I know the direction its going, but the main build doesn€™t start until after Barnsley and the face lift. I wont post the details here as I want it to be a surprise nearer the time. It will be different though !!

Support
    Of course I don€™t want to put this event on, and only 15 robots turn up. I hope that people will support it, and if we can get some of the oldies out, so much the better. Even if we can get them fighting each other if they are too scared to fight the new class of machines.

Regards
    John
    Roaming Robots

Quote Originally Posted by widow_twanky
    Nope. not laughing at your efforts, just pointing out that we don't know what is already planned. For me I'd actually prefer it to be moving away from the historical side and move forward under its own steam.
    As much as that would be grand, I wouldn't want to bet jonno's future profit on it.

If we have to forcibly spin off from mentorn's work to get back in the public eye - so be it.

My intention on posting such 'old' ideas is that the repeats of Robot Wars on Dave may create new fans, much in the same way UK gold did for Doctor Who or Dave has done for Red Dwarf.

This Dave generation of fans is a good niche for jonno or Alan to consider appealing to. It could be very profitable & an opening to get our activities in the public eye via the media of live TV, box office or streaming internet.

Optimistic enough for you, Andy?

You also need to get these ideas in now as, asides time is ticking, all the planning will be done now. Later jonno will be too busy with rebuilding the arena & advertising the event, possibly on a national scale if he's thinking about.

Looks like a good year for Roaming Robots, hopefully i can attend more events this year

Quote Originally Posted by widow_twanky
    For me I'd actually prefer it to be moving away from the historical side and move forward under its own steam.
    My views exactly robot wars is dead, TV would be very good for the robot scene but next time shows will be different.
    with different machines, different stage, different rules and different budget.

Dont forget different roboteers too

Register To Comment