Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Antweights On A Snooker Table

This sounds like fun :-) Reserve me a spot please

Bleh, so much for something. Let's just stick with an old fave. :P

NAME- Wedge 3mm (AW)
    SHAPE- low box with front wedge (very similar to Mute)
    COLOUR- light grey
    WEIGHT- about 150g
    DIMENSIONS- 8cm X 5cm X 3cm
    SPEED- 40cm per second
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0
    GROUND CLEARANCE- virtually 0mm at the front, about 4mm at the sides and rear to aid manoeuvrability
    ARMOUR- 1mm polycarbonate, with 2mm for the front wedge (just in case )
    WHEELS- inside robot, 2 X 30mm wheels
    POWER- a NiMh 4.8v battery with 9g HS-55 servos
    WEAPONS- The main weapon is a broad flipping arm with Chaos 2-style front plate attached (bent at the end ala Bigger Brother to aid in slipping under other bots). The arm is top-hinged (ala Tsunami, Chaos 2 etc) and is powered by Lego pneumatics at 100psi.
    The whole set-up weighs 36g, including the 15g ram, 3g pneumatic Lego switch, 15g aluminium pressure tank and 5g servo to activate the switch. This should be able to flip other Ants about 10cm up and about 15cm forward!
    SRIMECH- flipper, rounded back, 1 little grey semi-sphere on either side of robot to prevent getting stuck on its side
    NOTES- wee flashing red light on top of robot, flies Scotland flag, just a scaled-down version of Wedge 3 (in case you hadn€™t noticed! )
    STRENGTHS- powerful flipper, tough armour, fast, manoeuvrable
    WEAKNESSES- could be a bit tricky to control, lack of skirts, iffy traction
    PIC- http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2463/wedge3mmzy1.png

Thanks everyone for entering (and sorry Jack, you're out of time ) and, without further ado, I wish to present...

ANTWEIGHTS ON A SNOOKER TABLE

The participANTs:

Tracy 'Hurricane' Farber - Skeith
    Kody 'The Grinder' Kunz - Flamberge
    Lian 'Whirlwind' Walsh - Anticide
    Steve 'Interesting' McGregor - Wedge 3mm
    'Rocket' Andrew Jackson - TransparANT 3.0
    Lewis 'Mr. Maximum' Matthews - Drumble-Bee
    Samuel 'Dracula' Park - CombatANT
    Daniel 'The Welsh Wizard' Stickler - Tempura

And...erm...the draw :P:

Anticide vs. CombatANT vs. Drumble-Bee vs. Flamberge vs. Skeith vs. Tempura vs. TransparANT 3.0 vs. Wedge 3mm

You know the format presumably *points at first post* so get predicting and/or tacticing!

Love the nicknames, Joey.

This first round is going to be chaos anyway, so there's not much point in making any specific plans just now. Mostly just box-rush the bots without any active weapons, flip them about the place and try to pit them. If I'm feeling brave/stupid, I'll charge the spinners and try to dump them down one of the pockets before they can cause too much damage to me.

If worst comes to worst, get behind one of the balls and play Skittles with the other bots. :P

Oh, this is going to be a lark.

Flamberge's tactics:

Hug the wall between a corner and side pocket with my rear, preferably nearer the side pocket, and just sit there waiting. Hit anything that comes near, and if a wedgy thing comes flying along the wall, move and hug the other wall with my rear. Repeat these tactics until somebody dies.

And don't hit Skeith or TransparANT yet, by the way. Bloody tough buggers. :P

darn :P oh well my bad guys

Meh, the avoid the spinners and flip really

Register To Comment