Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surgeon General tribute tournament

GROUP B
    ROUND 1
    JACK-IN-THE-BOX VS Liar 2

Straightforward tactics here. Bludgeon Liar into the nearest wall, get it up on top of me and fling it out the ring. My wedges and good traction will hopefully give me an easier time getting under it than it'll have getting under me.

Should be an interesting wee contest, Lian.

The Final Cut vs. Mudskipper

Andy, we must stop meeting like this! XD erm...it's a mudskipper, I'm not overly sure what to do with it. Spin up, avoid the disc, and see if I can jump on and stay on top of The Final Cut to see what happens there. Use the disc, hide under wet seaweed, crawl around, inflate lungs, maybe try and eat something. Or something like that. This isn't going to work is it

Best of luck Andy.

Vertigo vs. 7roubloon

I work the same either way up, so his flipper isn't that much of an asset other than OOTAing, so I'll stay in the middle of the arena as much as I can. Other than that, come at his flipper with the front disc and try to catch an edge. Due to the way his flipper works, I can catch one and most certainly send him spinning away. I would prefer to hit the side edge of the flipper though and try to bend the hinge, so he can't use it well/at all from that point on. Once I hit him, keep the rear disc pointed at him as defense until the front one is spun up. Also, 4mm Hardox is strong but not invincible, so I might have a go at his other areas. Don't let up, keep pounding him.

Good luck Lewis

Vertigo vs 7roubloon

3..2..1. KILL!!!

Vertigo starts racing out of the traps as 7roubloon gets its discs going and drives to the centre of the arena, Vertigo
    darts for the side of 7roubloon and gets a flip in, 7roubloon, due to being invertible, is unshaken and hits Vertigo before
    the flipper goes down!! Vertigo is spun away in a shower of sparks, Vertigo charges in at 7roubloon, he tries to flip but
    he misses 7roubloon, and 7roubloon gets another shot in, Vertigo now darts for the side, but 7roubloon turns and hits
    the side, Vertigo is spun away once more and has a gash in the side of the armour, but its not a very big one, Vertigo is
    not sure what to do now, and ploughs into the front of 7roubloon and flips!!!, theres a big dent in the front of Vertigo's
    flipper now, 7roubloon gets to that right hand side were the damage is and charges!! the gash has been ripped open alot
    further now, 7roubloon tries to get another shot in, but Vertigo sidesteps and gets another flip in. 7roubloon comes back
    at Vertigo and hits that side again, now it seems that Vertigo has drive on the left but not the right, 7roubloon has seen
    this and goes for the left, but Vertigo swings round and the side of the flipper is hit by 7roubloon, the flipper is crumpled
    on one side, 7roubloon goes for the left again but Vertigo gets underneath and flips, it seems that 7roubloon's weapon
    on the back has stopped working here, but i dont see that as a worry, as 7roubloon goes for the left once again. and its
    3rd time lucky for 7roubloon and hits the side, leaving a gash there as well, 7roubloon hits that side once again and it
    looks like something fell out, lets have a look at the replay, it seems that something did come out of Vertigo, it looked
    like a nut or bolt, so no major worry, 7roubloon hits the side once more, Vertgo looks like its dead in the water, but it
    looks like th weapon still works, 7roubloon darts to the right of Vertigo and hits, ripping the link out in the process!! wow
    thats major damage, 7roubloon is now looking for a bit it has not damaged yet, and hits the back, leaving a big dent, it
    seems that 7roubloon is back off now, 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1!!! the buzzer sounds

Your winner via knockout, 7roubloon!!!

Didn't think I'd cause that much damage to Hardox that quickly but w00t! regardless nice battle Lian

right...tactics,

after having a quick look at mecha's stats it looks to be a good robot, but im pretty sure my weapon can damage the sides, hopefully slowing it down/breaking it/other stuff. also from my experiance with real robots, when a vertical and horizontal disk meet, the horizontal usualy comes out of it better, so im pretty confident that if it does come to a head on disk vs disk collision, i will come out on top.

so my battle tactics are to aim for the slanted sides/rear with my disk and try to inflict as much damage as possible without meeting the nasty spinning thing, however if it does come to a head on smash, so be it :P

best of luck mate!
    Jack

Joey, ive searched your section on ZED and i cant find Mudskipper anywhere, could you post the stats here please?

I linked the stats in my earlier post on this page ;P
    WEIGHT: 100kg
    DIMENSIONS: 110 x 65 x 38 cm
    SHAPE: ...it's a mudskipper...(kind of like Nightmare would be if much more substantial, and the armour touched the floor, and there was no disc)
    COLOUR: ...it's a mudskipper...
    DRIVE: 2 24v EMD wheelchair motors run at 30v from 5 NiMh battlepacks, driving two urethane treaded wheels located inside the mudskipper's front fins.
    SPEED: 10mph average, 15mph max
    GROUND CLEARANCE: 0 at front due to the fins forming wedges, varies between that and 10mm elsewhere
    ARMOUR: The entire shell, over a stainless steel frame, is a composite of kevlar fabric and carbon fibre bonded with RS285 resin, with 0.5mm titanium/vanadium alloy sheet layered beneath in places to protect vital components like the motors. The thickness of this varies between 5mm (mostly) and 20mm (decorative bits) and both front wedges are constructed from 5mm titanium/vanadium alloy.
    WEAPONS: The main weapon (situated between the front fins) is a horizontal disc weighing 17kgs, constructed from stainless steel with two hardened tool steel chisel teeth, powered by a LEM-130 Lynch motor (OMG JOEY BUILT AN ELECTRIC SPINNER) to speeds of around 2500rpm, producing around 16kjs per hit. Before you write it off, remember this was Warhead's energy level in Battlebots. :P
    In addition the rear/top has a few hardened steel chisel spikes sticking out of the kevlar/carbon fibre, again it's a mudskipper with all the features of a real one. :P
    GIMMICKS: Hidden inside the base panel is a 4 bar flipping mechanism, this is run from medium pressure (400psi) CO2 stored in a 2kg tank and actuated within a 85mm bore ram acting on the front bar. This fires downwards and backwards from the base and, with the aid of a rubber coated 'foot' on the end, pushes on the floor and causes the robot to jump around about 4ft into the air and quite some distance forwards, usually landing on its base due to the gyroscopic forces of the disc. Mudskipper can also turn when jumping and the resultant adding of vectors will cause it to jump diagonally, in an arc, or rotate while jumping, making it very able to escape from danger. The ram is single acting and such returns immediately after firing.
    SRIMECH: The top fin (basically a hinged arm attached to some fabric that opens up when used) is run off the same pneumatics system as the jumping, this time using a full bottle pressure 35mm bore ram to self right it quickly if inverted.
    NOTES: Components shock mounted where possible to protect it from its own jumping. Will probably be able to get out of the pit given the chance (goes in on its back, srimechs then jumps out; goes in on its front, jumps out)
    STRENGTHS: ...it's a mudskipper...
    WEAKNESSES: ...it's a mudskipper...

I never noticed the link in the name (i need to get my eyes checked)

Next up, Liar 2 vs Jack-In-A-Box (Which i'll call JIAB for short)

3 2 1 KILL!!!

Liar 2 darts out, hoping to get under JIAB, JIAB turns and backs off, Liar 2 seems a bit baffled by that, and now JIAB is
    on the attack! and gets under Liar 2 and slams it into a nearby wall!, what a hit, Liar 2 is unfazed though and comes in
    on JIAB finding it tough to get under it, JIAB gets under again and gets it on the top, and charges to a wall, but Liar 2
    only just dropped to the floor before the flipper could fire, but it shot JIAB in the air slighty, Liar 2 sees its chance and
    flips, over goes JIAB, now JIAB tries to pop itself back over, but everytime it attempts to it comically shoots into the air
    and smacks back down Liar 2 charges it towards a wall and flips, JIAB then fires the flipper and its luanched into the air
    and lands on a bit of the arena side wall and onto its side, now it fires its flipper again, which boosts it away from the
    wall and back up again, but unfortunatly onto Liar 2's flipper!. Liar 2 flips it back over, JIAB now comically fires its flipper
    and starts moving across the arena on its side, a few laughs are heard in the crowd as Liar 2 get under once more and
    flips. JIAB has now landed on its head again, JIAB tries to self right again this time it finally does!! which gains a bit of an
    applause from the crowd, but it landed on Liar 2's flipper again, Liar 2 flips but this time JIAB stays up right, and it now
    runs away from Liar 2, who chases in and closes in and JIAB gets under Liar 2 and gets it on the flipper and fires it! Look
    at Liar 2 fly!, it lands to earth with a bang but is unshaken as it charges back at JIAB and gets under this time and takes
    it towards a wall and flips, JIAB landed upside down, JIAB tries to self right again, but Liar 2 gives it a slight nudge and it
    jumps out of the arena.

Good win for Liar 2 there

Register To Comment