Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 15th - 17th April 2011 - San Mateo, CA - RoboGames

Roboteer

The 8th annual games will be Fri-Sun, Apr 15-17, 2011 in San Mateo, CA

RoboGames is the olympics of robots - we invite the best minds from around the world to compete in over 50 different events: combat robots, fire-fighters, LEGO bots, hockey bots, walking humanoids, soccer bots, sumo bots, and even androids that do kung-fu. Some robots are autonomous, some are remote controlled - but they're all cool! As an open event, anyone can compete - this means you.

http://robogames.net/
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Would be interesting to see some UK bots at the event. I don't know about you but I'm getting a bit tired of seeing Original Sin take 1st every year. Maybe a certain flipper-bot should take care of them?

One of these days

Roboteer

Why not have the FRA make a donation and all of the other teams make a contribution to raise the funds to send the current UK Champions over the pond to represent the good old UK? I am sure Rob Grimm and Alex might be able to make a window in their schedules.
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Anyone know of any cheap hotels local to the venue? Also whats the situation with shipping robots? Im guessing i couldnt take a fw over as hand luggage if broken into component parts?

Looked at flight costs etc, I think 540 and 360 will be making an appearance. Ill decide over the next week.

Dave, just put it in a suitcase... I did when I went to Singapore... Couldn't believe heathrow didn't bat an eyelid at a box with wires and a box in the centre .... :-)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled complaining.

How many heavies do they have left (that still work) in the USA?

Register To Comment