Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 13th Feb 2011 - Barnsley Metrodome - Roaming Robots

Just unpacked the car

Jonno good job on the arena It is so much better than the old one. Looking forward to the new arena floor and arena hazards.

The robots did OK Seraph was faultless in it's operation and won a few fights sorry flippers. Shows the audience have taste

Tron didn't break. The new wheels didn't work, but I haven't given up.

Cherub what can I say, at least it wasn't a complete failure, this time only a chain link broke. this was fixed and it continued to slide around the arena. I don't think it is going to take the championship by storm but it should be another fun robot to watch

Jonno I left my Tx charger plugged into the scales I think, if your coming to Whitwick could you bring it along, should manage without it until then, Thanks.

Finally finished unpacking the car. Thanks to everyone for another great event! Had a really good time and there were far too many funny moments to mention all of them but a few of them included

1. Clive and co. being asked whether they were athletes when checking into the hotel.
    2. Maelstrom vs Major Damage
    3. Batter bot not breaking despite all of our best efforts
    and
    4. Wendy going crazy when she thought Toon Raider was on fire- turns out it was a false alarm but she did manage to clear the pits

Maelstrom had a few issues with its batteries this time round which resulted in frying 3 battery packs (including one while in the car driving home) but other than that did have some good fights.

Disc-struction also had its first test in the arena and once we've sorted out the drive and some decent teeth for the discs should be running well (and hopefully we'll be able to turn up the speed a little more than the 8% that they were running at for that test :twisted: )

EDIT- forgot to say thanks to Craig and Zak for letting me have a go of Cherub in the final fight nice to be able to drive a robot which doesn't keep turning itself over all the time

The new arena sounds good, any pics?

Pictures>
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

http://www.youtube.com/user/Silvertardi ... z08Y8TLHUE

3:18 is cool

shame it didn't work like that in Dublin Found one of the bearings had come out in Kronic, so one wheel was lifting up, hence the reason for getting stuck, explains some of my bad driving from yesterday :wink:

Finally got my event report together as a playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... E084BD5C90

Register To Comment