Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: W.A.R RPG

had a couple of mutterings of interest via msn, anybody ready to hand their stats in???

Could i reserve a spot Jack. I'll get my stats to you during the course of the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by death robotics
    Could i reserve a spot Jack. I'll get my stats to you during the course of the next few days
    sure, no probs

Name: Errol Spin(-Off)

Nationality: Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, England

Description: Looks like THIS! http://www.jdoughty.my.proz.com/errol-f ... n-hood.jpg only very much modernized. Errol Spin(-Off) is a man of tradition but he knows his limits, and he does not want to look silly in the modern age, yet he still wants to be respectful to his source of inspiration, Robin Hood, mostly the one portrayed by Errol Flynn. What my character did was keep the color scheme of that costume the same, but the pants are not tights anymore, but green jeans, with pockets! Likewise the boots look more like brown but modern military boots, and the €œjacket€ is now a brown leather jacket, with pockets! The hat€¦ the hat is leather too now but remained unchanged beyond that. Likely there are more cosmetic changes on the costume I forgot to mention, they are not significant. My hair is modeled after Robin Hood€™s, including the goatie! Errol is incredibly agile yet averagely strong.

Special skill: There we go, looking at my description you may think Errol Spin(-Off) is an archer, and while he does carry a bow and arrow and knows how to use it, he is nowhere near as good as his idol, and I cant honestly call his archery skills a €œspecial€ skill in any way.
    What Errol Spin(-Off) is, or rather, has become, is an animal tamer with exceptional skills. During his years in Sherwood Forest he perfected this skill to the point where his pet sighthound, his pet raven and his mount, a horse, will follow every command he wishes to give them, whereas animals that are not his own will start following basic commands after 10 minutes of tutoring by Errol Spin, and after less than an hour they will be as tame as his own pets.

Equipment: Do the bow and arrows count as 1 item? Beyond them Errol has, it should be noted, his sighthound, raven and horse. Also he has a flute on which Errol knows how to play a soothing tune for most animals, his repertoire covers most known animals although of course your average squirrel is easier to sooth than a killer whale. Errol is actually trying to master the skill of calming humans with it, but this is not his field and he has found he has only a minor effect on humans. Furthermore Errol does carry a dagger. And rope.

Backstory: This man, he is a hunter. Actually at the very start of his hunting career he was an elitist and wealthy fox hunter, but over the course of his life he distanced himself from his elitist nature and instead came closer and closer to nature itself, that which he was hunting. Having been a Robin Hood fan all along he gathered equipment and started living in a small wooden home in the forest, gathering his food the traditional way, with bow and arrow as well as other stuff. He became a good archer, a good hunter, but it was his connection with nature that became truly outstanding. A good knowledge of plant-life, but a truly terrific level of beast mastery. He also made friends with people who lift in his nearby environment, obviously not a lot of people life in the forest with him, but those who do share his love for the wild.
    His skills did not go unnoticed to those who saw him. Earth is being attacked by aliens, and Earth€™s governments know who Errol is. You do the maths€¦

Thanks dude...come on guys we want to get going :P

Ungh...unfortunately I'm going to have to pull out. Whatever idea I had has fallen apart and I can't think of anything else...plus this doesn't seem to interest me as much as it did when you first opened it. I'm sorry Jack.

Martijn, just gotta say you are awsome for using Errol Flynn as a ref. XD
    And I'm sorry this took so long, Jack. D:

Name: Samuel Le Ferre

Nationality: Qubcois!

Description: A tall, lean, slightly pale fellow, standing at a somewhat startling 6'5.
    He posseses somewhat thicker, wavy light brown hair that touches his sholders, Grey-green eyes and a somewhat crooked nose that he occasionally puts frameless glasses on top of.
    Clothes wise, he tends to dress on the fancier end, as you never know if there will be a wonderful lady type to woo, for information or otherwise. Dress shirts and pants with soft boots of some sort are generally the norm.
    He does speak with a somewhat thick accent, but is generally easily understood up until he gets really excited or angry. He is quite bright, however he is very easy going so it may not always show through.
    Samuel is NOT much of a fighter by any means, and so isn't the strongest person you would ever meet, but is really quite agile for his size which is quite handy for him, and makes him a bit less of a giant walking target.

Special skill: Samuel has charisma in spades. He is able, to a degree, to influance people to do things for him, simply by asking nicely. Obviously, the more outrageous the request, the less likely the person being charmed will comply. [EX: Samuel could say 'Step to the right, please.' and it would likely happen. 'Step to the right and jump out of that t'ree story window, please.' however, likely wouldn't. XD]
    Samuel's charisma usually makes information gathering quite easy for him as he usually only has to just ask to get it, but he has been bashed in the face before for his trouble, instead of getting his intended result.

Equipment: a trench knife (the handguard modified with small spikes, not unlike a knuckle duster, so it can also be a punching weapon as well), his glasses, a necklace of some sentimental value, and a loaded revolver. He also carries 8 extra rounds in a small steel container he keeps in his pocket, and a container of breath mints. He is very careful to not get the two confused.

Backstory: Samuel's life was, in the beginning, not very interesting. Samuel grew up in Montreal, and he learned most things from his grandfather, who helped him learn english and to hone his charisma, much to his amusement and Samuel's sheer joy of getting most things he wanted, which somehow included his grandfather's trench knife, as the man seemed to think that it would help him later on.
    Of course, this borderline freakish ability to get things from people didn't go unnoticed, and years later was frequently pulled into... 'slightly' illegal actions by 'friends'. Generally theft, but always being tall enough to stick out like a sore thumb frenquently caused him to be caught. Eventually he managed to get himself out of that (and out of police custody. :P), and got himself into a decent school, talking everyone into giving him good marks and being his friend. At one point he spoke to a government official, who had kept him in mind, and THAT's how he got into spying. Somehow.

...Can we tell I hate writing historys on my characters?

awwww, with what amount of people are you willing to start this Jack? I still spy Jordan and Lian having to enter characters, and I sincerly hope Kody can still knock something together , I hope this can start soon

I guess i would prefer to start with 6/7 (perhaps 10 was a bit optimistic) the more the merrier as they say :P but if it comes to it the number of people that entered stats will do

Unfortunately not, Marti, soz :/

Register To Comment