Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starter/Beginner Robot

Lol nice, poor antweight guys haha. Just thought i'd build a wee ant before we got to the business of the real things whenever you're about. Don't want to look like a complete beginner :P .

It does seem strange that only 2 events a year in feathers can hold spinners. But I dunno, maybe if Gary started building ants he could kick the shit out of those arenas too, that is what he's most famous for right?

It's purely because it isn't economical to have spinner safe arenas for most event organisers. A featherweight safe spinner arena requires 10mm thick polycarbonate walls. Not cheap stuff! Antweights are easier to contain purely due to the weights involved.

I've never really been interested in antweights but I can understand why there are a fair number of people that like to build them.

I never really fancied them either, seem very restricting and all together a bit too small. But thought it'd be a start anyway. But Harry went on to slagging feathers instead of the parts list. Antweighters pft.... lol

I think its different companies who run the events so different arena.

Ahh right, didn't know that. Not sure then?

just to set the record straight

Roaming Robots and Robots Live run separate events but both cater for Heavy weight ans feathers but No spinners of either weight

Robochallenge run Feather events only and can run spinners in them

the reason for there being so few fw spinner events and arenas is cost. You need thicker poly carb which costs more and then costs more to transport takes long to put up as well.

hope this clears it up

Register To Comment