Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starter/Beginner Robot

That would be awesome. Ideal really, as fun as a 1000 mile (or 500 then 500 more) trip sounds I could do without it at the moment if possible. I just graduated this year, you at the university yeah? Im out just past the west end in west dunbartonshire, though working away from home til monday evening.

Lol that one was a bit extreme but you'd be amazed at how quickly the miles go by. I'm at strathclyde uni in my final year. I live out in the east end, got a flat in dennistoun. My workshop is through in Edinburgh though. I'll be back through there in around 2 weeks time so I'll be able to bring back a featherweight. We can sort out a meeting up closer to the time if that's cool? Get a few beers in and get you building some bots

Hey Tony,

Were you Glasgow Uni? Or Strathclyde/Caley? Studying what?
    I just finished at Glasgow Uni in June (although not graduating till December) and I'm in Peru for five weeks at the moment but I'd also be happy to meet up and show you my machines (Gary now owns one of my old robots) at some point. Featherweights are the biggest size of machine I've got but Gary's got some bits of bigger machines that will give you an idea of things.

Anyway, nice to see some more local interest

Hello guys,

Gary, Jamie, Legends. Would be great to catch up with you all at some point. Sounds like it'd be an ideal way to get in to the sport.

Gary, sounds good to me mate. Send us a message closer to the time whenever suits you and that would be magic.

I was at UWS (formally Paisley) doing Music Tech, then moved of University of Toronto to finish my degree. I've had an interest for a long while, but I never saw much activity which has stopped me from going after anything really. Been watching these forums for a month or so now and didnt see anything so nearly gave up, but thought I may as well try a wee post or 2 to see what was happening. The post was actually partially encouraged by reading your post about Drumroll actually, originally hoping someone would have something similar. Though you guys help is better, yet originally unexpected lol.

yet originally unexpected
    Well you just learned your first lesson in the spobby (sport/hobby), everyone is willing to help you out. You can head into the arena, trash each others machines and 5 minutes later be lending each other parts worth hundreds to get the machines back together for your next fights

argh i wish i was still up north miss it so much...
    good luck BTW, hope it all goes well for ya

Aye it seems people are pretty decent to each other considering the nature of the sport. Trash each other and then help each other fix themselves up again. Kind of got that impression from the TV too but not quite the same as being in there. I remember Bigger Brother getting trashed by Hypnodisc then Hypnodisc helping repair it afterwards. Strange, yet good, sort of activity.

Its looking like ants and feathers are the way i'm gonna go, as it seems to be most popular and affordable within the community. Maybe start with an ant, then meet up with the guys who were looking to give me a hand with it all and get into feathers.

So yeah, would be excellent if you could mate.

No bother. Let me know when you want to stop playing with toys and want to start playing with proper robots Ooooooooo!!!!!

Register To Comment