Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Aluminium or Hardox

hardox doesn't come that thin

and aluminum at 3mm for base plate will be too thin

i'd go 6mm aluminum

alex

nope but you should find some on ebay or contact my sponsors on the details below T Jones

3mm ali for a base plate is ok really, i use 3mm and a fair few other people have

Depends on your design. What weapon are you planning on having, or is it just going to be a pusher/rambot? 3mm ali in most cases would be perfectly fine for a baseplate; I'm using 3mm chequer plate on my current robot and used 3mm sheet on my old robot. It was plenty strong and even though it's now got more holes in it than swiss cheese, it is still strong enough for the robot's needs, even if it is more likely to get bent.

Ebay would be your best best for 3mm ali. The usually have various dimensions available. Just keep an eye on the description of the grade; the softer grades are sometimes not adequate.

id go for at least 4mm maybe my early 6mm was over the top but you don't want to put all the design work into a thin base plate for it to bend

Jamie's spinners are famously compact s the 'footprint' of them is fairly small whereas the foot print of bigger bots will need to be thought about differently

alex

Register To Comment