Register To Comment
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Robo Challenge - Predator

looks good james- looks like a red brick esc- i just put a 200a version in 360 and it seems to work a treat... make sure you remove the brake function before doing a spin up...

PDF manual and info on how to do it here;

http://www.parkflyers.org.nz/modules/ne ... ic_id=3478

ah thats brilliant thanks mouldy!

We ll just got back from Fleet Air Arm & The UK Champs

Predator got knocked out of the first round of the champs which was a shame, it really knocked itself out. Im still really pleased with the performance of the machine. First battle was going well giving a few hits and was very nice to drive but then hit the floor and flipped over. Unfortunately the machine cant self right with the arms down. The second battle was also going well. A hit on 4 4 Toon knocked them out and Rabid wasnt working so 4 points were in the bag. The Judges didnt feel Rabid was immobile so gave Rabid a big hit which tore the side off and mangled the gearbox but it sent predator upside down again and unable to self right. With Fleet the next week I decided to pull Predator from the final battle with Inertia as there was only something to loose and unable to get through.

Off to Fleet and Predator performed well in demonstration except for when it hit the wall at almost full speed shot out of the arena but the arm caught the wall bar and almost ripped it off! Got the robot working again for a battle with Awol at the end. Good battle and caused a lot of damage to the steel armour. Managed to put the plug out of the head motor so that stopped but all in all went very well.

The head seems to get seriously good engagement. After Predator hit the wall it took the deepest gouge out of the 6mm steel than any robot has ever done including NST and 360. The week parts are the neck and arm pivots. Need a new neck making as its now all twisted but other than that the machine is good to go. To make it more stable im going to make the head to it can come back further to make it more horizontal.

Overall really pleased Predator is competitive and hopefully will be entering it in next years champs.

Heres a couple of vids

Attached Images Attached Images

PTERICHTHYS MILLERI OR SEA SCORPION.jpg
    Devonian Sea Scorpion. Armoured, with stiff but movable flippers/arms and a flexible precursor to a fish's tail.

Ellis has put together a really nice video from fleet of Predator in action. Making me think I should get it fixed and going again...

Register To Comment