Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Hydra Sale

Been looking at what we want to do and hvae found a number of items which we will be getting rid of. First and foremost is SMIDSY.

We bought SMIDSY for Colin as a 'starter' robot to get him used to driving it and it was very goodfor that but as he is now driving Dantomkia it is sitting in the shed and having the occasional outing when we can be bothered.

Since we bought it we have removed all the polycarb armour and 2mm stainless steel armour and replaced with a full hardox shell. I still have all the old armour and stuff and that will comewith the robot.

The spinner has been removed but the mechanism is complete except for two bits of steel angle which were welded to the back to hold it in place but all fixings are in place and I have the motor and NCC70 for it.

The brackets for the jaws are in place and I have the windscreen wiper motor for it and the gear boxes which wer originally used. I ditched this as the rack used to actuate it bent and the gearbox pushed back through so it's there if you want to use it.

It's currently running on two 24v nicad packs and uses NCC120's as speedo's. it could seriously do with a 36v upgrade but that will obviously need a new speedo and batteries.

The chasis is intact but has some minor damage due to Thor and Iron Awe will probably hammer out but may need a bitmore work than that. It doesn't stop it running though.

The scoop at the front is currently scraping the floor, needs a bar across the bottom of the scoop to hold it higher. Has fixing holes for it, just only noticed it at Fairford.

I also have a large box of sparesfor the gearboxes. We've never really needed thembut you could probably build another three or four gearboxes out of them.

I'm looking for sensible offers on this but I'm also looking for it to go to a good home where it will be looked after.

I am able to spend a day with a new roboteer going over how everything works as it's an ideal robot for getting into the sport.

pm leave your out box when the other person has signed in

Register To Comment