Register To Comment
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: From The Ground Up (Advice Thread)

You can also use a jigsaw fitted with a metal cutting blade to cut aluminium, and possibly some thin steels. Handy if you don't have an angle grinder but get fed up with the repetitive sawing motion of a hacksaw.

Off-topic, but looking at your avatar image, do you have any Roland instruments or connection to the Roland brand? Or are you just using it because it's the same as your name?
    Just curious as I recognised the logo from my Roland drum kit and was wondering if you played an instrument.

Wish I could sing properly

Sounds like you're off to a good start. In terms of space, I tend to build in my bedroom (I have to admit, my parents are very tolerant of this!) and only really go and work in the garden if what I need to do is a bit too much for in the house (sparks from grinding and such) so any space really should do

Definitely set up a build thread when you start building; I for one enjoy seeing and hearing how robots are coming together. You can either ask for advice in that thread or here, wherever you do we'll be happy to answer

Works for me
    (well, mine's a Black & Decker but same difference)

Well I reckon mine was about £30 but I don't actually know as it was a present. Not that I'm complaining about having a more expensive model

Register To Comment