Register To Comment
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Weight Spinners 2011 !!

bring back t-bone, that couldnt do any damange to beast when we smashed you so im sure that will be safe to use for what we need

Theres ways round things, this isn't about full combat its about entertainment. Ive been pleased that people have realised it.

If a solid one piece disc is fighting against a robot with sacrificial armour it can in my opinion be done safely.

You were hit by a bolt.... that means the robot had enough power to break it... so we put in the rules thicker bolts for pannels, or remove them altogether, theres always ways round problems, we are engineers, we find sollutions.

Yes I agree a class 2 arena is needed for full combat, but I think theres room for movement. We ran fw spinners for years until they got too powerful, Im proposing instead of building an arena to suit the robots, ( never going to happen ) we build robots to suit the arena.

The FRA shut the door on all spinners, what im proposing, is to experiment with them and find a safe level.

Even if we had a spinner running at such a slow speed it stopped everytime it hit something, put it against a robot with pannels designed to fall off..... then we have a new form of entertainment which I have recognised is lacking from RR events which can be put back in in a safe way.

Im proposing we build a set of stage props, not full combat robots, and its something I will be experimenting with through the summer with some of the teams who have volunteered to get involved with.

Spinner v spinnner would be a no no... thats not what we want.
    Spinner v an axe.... or spinner v a low pressure flipper.... and you have entertainment.

It might work, it might not, but unless we try, we never know... thinking out side of the box once again.

John

again jonno a spinner is a spinner weather you call it for full combat or entertainment doesnt make a difference, yes lower the power, make weak armour and stage it but that means parts will fly off easier. Ive not seen a single featherweight spinner ever that has been safe in a net roof. Its been proved lots of times even in the early years. FRA only did something about it when a big piece came out which the audience saw.

I think Jonno will come up with a proven solution to this.
    To start with the premise it can't be done means you don't develop things further, if we have a maximum peripheral speed of the weapon and an idea of the mass being thrown,
    Jonno can do experiments to prove the system works; the FRA will oversee the results and make a decision on it based on proven repeatable tests,
    I€™m not saying it can be done, what I am saying is lets try.

Well I don't do a can't or won't attitude, I make things happen and work.

I'd have given up ages ago if I did !!

It's something which is going to be experimented with, and I think there's enough interest that there will be spinners in 2011.

Can't wait !!

Spinner v spinnner would be a no no... thats not what we want.
    Jonno, what if you end up having 2 spinners or more at an event and an audience member asks a request for a spinner v spinner battle, what would we do then?
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

say no

Register To Comment