Register To Comment
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Robot Wars - The "Legends" Special

Right. My plan is get to his sides, due to ground clearance and flip him over. Try and foil every attempt at self right
    and try and dump him into the pit or stack him against the wall#
    good luck

eeeep

Against Lightning, Kronic will try and get as many flips as possible and maybe a pitting / OOTA if the chance occurs (if this version of Kronic is even capable of an OOTA?). If not, just try and maintain an upper hand by keeping my front facing his, and with the surface area rule I should hopefully breach his wedge most of the time.

Good luck!

So, the Heat Final is once again upon us. Lightning and Kronic the Wedgehog will duke it out for space number 4 in the Legends Final. Lets remind ourselves how they got this far.

KRONIC THE WEDGEHOG ironically had to fight alongside Lightning to dispose of Tetanus Booster. It was a very even battle, until Kronic managed to push Tetanus down the pit. Then it took The Alien to a judges decision after its tyre got punctured.

LIGHTNING had a very easy route to the heat final, flipping Ripper over in seconds. It enters the arena as the favourite.

----------
    HEAT FINAL
    ----------

KRONIC THE WEDGEHOG
    A heat finalist in Series 4, but is its flipper working properly?

LIGHTNING
    Heat finalist in Series 7, and looking unstoppable.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!!
    Booth 1 - Kronic the Wedgehog
    Booth 2 - Lightning
    House Robots - Growler, Mr Psycho

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!!
    And they're off! Lightning is quick to make a dash to the side of Kronic. Kronic decides to try and evade its foe, which is probably for the best. The two begin a small evasion process, trying to get underneath the other. But someone will have to give eventually....and after 20 seconds, Kronic nips underneath Lightning...AND FLIPS IT OVER!! Of course, Lightning can self-right, using its side flipper. It rushes away, but is flipped UP, but not over, by Kronic as it retreats! Lightning quickly turns...and NOW gets underneath Kronic the Wedgehog. It drives, trying to get far enough underneath. The flipper activates!....but Kronic is meerly pushed off. This allows Kronic to get back underneath Lightning...and flip it over again! Lightning self-rights, but Kronic is already driving it towards the arena wall....IT FLIPS!!...but Lightning only lands on the arena wall. Kronic comes in...FLIP!!....OH, LIGHTNING, IS JUST FLUNG AWAY! How fortunate. Can Lightning come back into this? Well, yes, it again ploughs into Kronic's side. Kronic, however, gets away, adjusts, gets underneath Lightning....AND FLIPS AGAIN!! Lightning is now on its back against the arena wall once more! Kronic tries to flip it again, but it just isn't powerful enough to throw it out! Lightning is on its wheels again....hang on....is it moving? I know Lightning appears to have had the habit of playing dead before, but Kronic is nudging it quite a bit....I think it really is dead. In both of its previous losses, in the 7th Wars and the Tag Team Terror, it seemed to break down after being flipped around profusely. I think that's happened again! Kronic nudges Lightning out of the way, closer to Growler's CPZ. Refbot approaches...and he is counting Lightning out!
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8! 9! 10!!
    And just like that, Lightning has fallen at the Heat Final again. Growler grabs hold of the blue wedge shaped robot and considers his actions...where's he going to take....oh, he's taken Lightning to the DROP ZONE! I wonder what will be dropped on top of Lightning today? A box opens....OH, AND A BUNCH OF BALLS FALL ON TOP OF LIGHTNING! Well....that was pretty lackluster. I hope they find some better material next time.
    CEASE!!

Lightning looked strong, but its performance....was, a load of balls!!
    KRONIC THE WEDGEHOG GOES THROUGH TO THE FINAL!!

Legends Final....
    1. Iron Awe 2.1
    2. Reptirron the Second
    3. S.M.I.D.S.Y.
    4. Kronic the Wedgehog

Join us next time when six more robots fight it out for a spot in the Final. Until next time...

HEAT 5
    Aggrobot vs Zorro vs Fluffy
    Scorpion vs Roobarb vs Robochicken

Robochicken dont you dare let me down

Im not giving up yet. I'll get at least one bot to the finals (well... hope to anyways)

Hey Eene, shall we team up against Scorpion, that way we can knock out the major threat leaving the chance to win
    the heat wide open.

If not. Hit the pit release and get Scorpion down the pit and avoid Roobarb at all costs (Though thats probs gonna fail
    rather amusingly) and enjoy the fight

Welcome to Heat 5 of Robot Wars: The Legends. Last time, you saw Kronic The Wedgehog short circuit Lightning out of commission. Tonight, sees three former heat finalists aim to go one step further. Will they make it, or will New Blood Heat Finalist Roobarb get in the way? Let's find out.

It's been a long struggle, but we're now halfway through the heats, and four Legendary robots have booked their place in the final. Today, six more robots will be fighting it out to fill another of those places.

Aggrobot vs Fluffy vs Zorro
    Robochicken vs Scorpion vs Roobarb

I'm never one to be kept waiting. LET THE WARS BEGIN!!

----------
    BATTLE 1
    ----------

FROM DORKING IN SURREY - AGGROBOT
    Reached the heat final of its debut series, beating the mighty Razer along the way, but has never had much luck since.

Aggrobot may be small, but it is tough and grizzly. Its armour is difficult to puncture, and its triangular shape makes it hard to grab hold of. The whole front snout can be raised, and the main weapon is a rear clamping jaw that can cut through, amongst other things, road signs. Tough, but maybe not the most reliable...

FROM ENFIELD IN MIDDLESEX - FLUFFY
    In the 5th wars, it reached the heat final, but progressively got worse over the next few series.

It may be called Fluffy, but it's far from it. Fluffy is low and invertible, small and compact and has a double-headed spinning axe as its main weapon, which can cause real problems. Its petrol engine gives it good pushing ability, but quite bad reliability.

FROM WEST CRAMMOURE IN SOMERSET - ZORRO
    Lost in Round 1 in its debut in Series 7. The team also competed with Ming, with only slightly better success.

Zorro is certainly a machine to watch. Its body is small, but protected by its main weapon...a large three-pronged spinning cage, nicknamed cleavers. It is quite quick across the arena, and the blades look dangerous, but I fear it uses power too easily.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY....
    Booth 1 - Aggrobot, Zorro
    Booth 2 - Fluffy
    House Robots - Sir Killalot, Matilda

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    And they're off! Aggrobot heads straight towards Zorro, who's blade is just getting started up. Aggrobot, however, manages to get underneath, evading the cleavers. Aggrobot starts to push, but before it can raise the snout, Zorro slides off, and runs off. Meanwhile, Fluffy's double-headed axe is up to full speed. It moves towards Aggrobot...
    BAMM!
    OUCH! Aggrobot was thrust aside, and I think one of its toy mascots got torn off! Aggrobot recovers, whilst Zorro's own spinning cleaver is up to speed...
    WHAM!!
    Straight into the side of Fluffy! There is no obvious damage, though, and Fluffy moves away. But Aggrobot is coming back to Zorro...
    CLANG!!
    Aggrobot is spun away again! But the blade of Zorro slows slightly, so it beats a retreat! Now Fluffy decides to have a go at Aggrobot!
    CRASH!!
    Again, no damage to Aggrobot, but the tiny machine is thrust away by the axe! Fluffy makes to persue...but watch out for...
    WHAM!!
    ZORRO STRIKES FLUFFY HARD IN THE REAR!! That looked like it hurt! Fluffy is spun away, which allows Aggrobot to get underneath it. It slowly begins to lift Fluffy up, but sadly it slips off again! This is surely frustrating for Aggrobot. Fluffy escapes, but it seems a bit more sluggish than before. As if Zorro knocked something loose. Zorro again moves to the side of Aggrobot...
    CLANG!!
    Aggrobot got struck in the rear claw, and something else broke off! But Aggrobot is turned around, and it again gets underneath Zorro. Now it pushes back....straight towards Matilda's CPZ...flywheel first!!
    WHAM!!
    OUCH!! ZORRO'S CLEAVER IS DAMAGED! It looks like one of the supporting struts is broken, and a cleaver itself is damaged! Zorro thankfully manages to escape, but the cleaver is no longer spinning, and part of it now hangs limp! Aggrobot sees an oppurtunity and persues. Zorro races across the arena...and hits the pit release button! Desperate times call for desperate measures, but Aggrobot gets underneath it again, and slowly lifts...Zorro is raised onto its side, with only its cleaver preventing it from being overturned....and eventually, Aggrobot has to drop it. Hang on....where's Fluffy? I think Fluffy is in trouble! It doesn't seem to be moving freely, and its axe has stopped spinning! Sir Killalot is suspicious, and he comes out of the CPZ...and grabs hold of Fluffy! Smoke seems to be coming out of Fluffy's body! Meanwhile, Aggrobot has pushed Zorro into an unoccupied CPZ! It lifts up Zorro again. In comes Matilda, flywheel first...
    BAMM!!
    OH NO!! SHE CLIPS AGGROBOT, AND AGGROBOT GOES FLYING OUT OF THE ARENA!! That's the power of her 27 kilo flywheel!! Zorro tries to limp away, but....
    CLANG!!
    OW!! Zorro is caught by the flywheel itself, breaking another strut!!

CEASE!!

And the fight has been stopped! And I think it's obvious why. Whilst Aggrobot may have been thrown from the arena, it was by the action of a House Robot when it wasn't immobilised. So, for what the fight is worth, it'll have to go to the judges....

TO BE CONTINUED....

Welcome back to Robot Wars. We're awaiting a no-doubt controversial judges decision to decide who out of Aggrobot, Fluffy or Zorro will be eliminated from a tense first round battle. Remember, the moment when Aggrobot was thrown from the arena by Matilda will not be counted.

AGGROBOT
    Damage - Caused little damage itself, but managed to lead Zorro into damaging its cleaver. 1/5
    Aggression - Very aggressive throughout, especially on Zorro. 4/5
    Control - Pretty decent control, lost points for running straight at the spinning weapons of its two opponents. 3/5
    Style - Very stylish and clever work, pushing Zorro into the CPZ. 4/5
    TOTAL - 12/20

FLUFFY
    Damage - Caused minor damage to Aggrobot. 3/5
    Aggression - Was aggresive to start with, then seemed to lose it after being attacked by Zorro. 2/5
    Control - Started off well controlled, but again lost it a bit when it seemed to have trouble moving. 2/5
    Style - Pretty stylish at first, but again lost vital points. 3/5
    TOTAL - 10/20

ZORRO
    Damage - Caused damage to Aggrobot and significant damage to Fluffy. 5/5
    Aggression - Was quite aggresive throughout, but spent quite a bit of time evading, especially when the cleaver broke. 3/5
    Control - Well controlled to start with, but lost major points after being damaged by Matilda. 2/5
    Style - Poor style, allowed itself to get into trouble more than once. 1/5
    TOTAL - 11/20

And that makes it clear. The robot to be eliminated.....is FLUFFY!!

AGGROBOT AND ZORRO GO THROUGH!!

-----------
    BATTLE 2
    -----------

FROM TIVERTON IN DEVON - ROBOCHICKEN
    Has fought four times, and once reached the heat final, before losing to Tough As Nails

This machine looks comical, and it is. Basically, its a wedge-shaped chicken, with ballcork eyes and a red rubber glove crest. But don't be fooled. Just under the head is a vertical cutting blade, and the tail acts as a fowl flipper. It is certainly powerful for being comical, but with no srimech, the chicken could be frying tonight...

FROM ENFIELD IN MIDDLESEX - ROOBARB
    Reached the heat final of the New Blood championship, but fell early in two UK championships

Roobarb is a high-wedge shaped machine, sporting a holographic purple colouring and sporting a low pressure flipper, which the team claim is better than the high pressure variety. It certainly looks strong, but I don't like the look of that high ground clearance.

FROM FARNHAM IN SURREY - SCORPION
    In three UK championships, it has only ever won a single battle.

Scorpion, as an arachnid, is very hard to kill. A box-shaped invertible machine with a spiked wedge at the ground, its main weapon is, of course, the sting in the tail...a vicious looking 3000rpm spinning disc that can get up to speed in about 3 seconds. It can certainly be very destructive, and could well be a dark horse for the Legends Special, but it isn't too reliable.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY....
    Booth 1 - Robochicken, Scorpion
    Booth 2 - Roobarb
    House Robots - Dead Metal, Cassius Chrome

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    And the three machines set off for each other. Robochicken heads for Scorpion, but Roobarb is heading for the chicken, gets underneath....AND FLIPS IT OVER STRAIGHT AWAY! And we said right before the fight started that it had no self-righting mechanism. It is trying desperately to right itself, firing the flipper, but it's just not able to knock itself over again. Scorpion moves towards it, and hits the head with its disc...knocking off an eye! Refbot comes in to investigate Robochicken, whilst Roobarb tries its luck with Scorpion...flips it up, but not quite over...OUCH! Scorpion turns into Roobarb and leaves a nasty gash! Refbot, however, as we though, is counting out Robochicken.
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8! 9! 10!!
    And Robochicken is out! Cassius Chrome pushes Robochicken away, onto the floor flipper. I always thought chickens weren't good at flying.....WOAH, THIS ONE ISN'T!! Robochicken gets flung far, but crashes down to earth with a dreadful bang, and loses another eye!
    CEASE!!

Robochicken, ready to be plucked and roasted.
    ROOBARB AND SCORPION GO THROUGH!!

HEAT SEMI-FINALS
    Aggrobot vs Scorpion
    Roobarb vs Zorro

Until next time....

Oh damn. Lets hope my other bots do better

Register To Comment