Register To Comment
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Robot Wars - The "Legends" Special

hmmm, not an ideal match-up for me at all. However, I'll try and use my better manouverability to dodge around SMIDSY's front and flip it over as many times as possible, hopefully stacking it against the wall. If I can't do that I think my best chance is to be as aggressive as possible and see if I can scrape the judge's decision.

Hey ive just found a pic of Tomohawk in 2005 from team MAD's site

just so people can see it

http://www.teammad.co.uk/eventpic2/events66.jpg

Welcome back to Robot Wars. We have our two heat finalists....the long low S.M.I.D.S.Y. and the wheel-hubbed Sir Chromalot. One will win, one will fall....so lets see how they got this far....

SIR CHROMALOT started very strongly in its first round battle, flipping Constrictor and Diotoir over. In the end, Constrictor was badly damaged and went out. Chromalot then had an easy victory against Tomahawk, who broke down shortly into the battle.

S.M.I.D.S.Y. was surviving a team up against it by Tomahawk and Gyrobot. Both robots took damage, but the judges ruled out Gyrobot. Then it flame grilled Diotoir, before shoving it into the pit.

-----------
    HEAT FINAL
    ----------

SIR CHROMALOT
    The team have never made it to this stage before.

S.M.I.D.S.Y.
    Has reached this stage three times, but never past it.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY
    Booth 1 - Sir Chromalot
    Booth 2 - S.M.I.D.S.Y.
    House Robots - Dead Metal, Sgt Bash

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    And they're off! S.M.I.D.S.Y. charges straight at Sir Chromalot. Sir Chromalot fires its flipper....oh, and it's got stuck in S.M.I.D.S.Y.'s scoop underside! I wasn't expecting that! Now it's a case of who has the better traction. S.M.I.D.S.Y. tries to push back on the wheels set on the ground. Sir Chromalot digs in, but not enough. S.M.I.D.S.Y. is winning this tug-of-war. Back and forth around the arena they go....and Refbot manages to seperate them. Now the battle can get back to action...or not, as S.M.I.D.S.Y. ploughs into the side of Sir Chromalot, and flips it over. Then it charges it straight towards the arena wall as it tries to self-right....straight into the grinders! Sparks fly! Chromalot eventually rights itself, but loses its flag in the process. S.M.I.D.S.Y. turns....
    BAMN!
    The disc strikes Sir Chromalot hard in the side, and makes a nice dent in the tyre protection. Chromalot again attempts to use its flipper, but misses. S.M.I.D.S.Y. now rushes to hit the pit trigger. The pit decends! Sir Chromalot rushes towards the pit...oh, is it going to try and lure S.M.I.D.S.Y. in, like it attempted to do with S3? S.M.I.D.S.Y. is having none of that. But Sir Chromalot gets too close to S.M.I.D.S.Y., who gets underneath, pushes down on acceleration....and dumps Chromalot into the pit!

CEASE!!

Sir Chromalot, stripped of his knighthood and kicked out of the special.
    S.M.I.D.S.Y. goes through to the final!!

LEGENDS FINAL
    1. Iron Awe 2.1
    2. Reptirron the Second
    3. S.M.I.D.S.Y.

Well, that's another heat done, but I'm sure you'll catch us next time, for more action. Until then...

NEXT TIME
    HEAT D
    Hot Pants vs Ripper vs The Alien
    Kronic the Wedgehog vs Lightning vs Tetanus Booster

==========
    HEAT D
    ==========

Welcome to Robot Wars, and it's time for Heat 4 of our Legends Special. Last time, you will have seen S.M.I.D.S.Y. pitting Diotoir and Sir Chromalot to make it through to the Final. This week, we've got a series of powerful looking robots, and get this....three former heat finalists in the same first round battle. That's going to be chaos! I think we should get on straight away.

Here's the line-up, for those paying attention.

Hot Pants vs Ripper vs The Alien
    Tetanus Booster vs Kronic the Wedgehog vs Lightning

Well, let's not keep them waiting any longer. LET THE WARS BEGIN!!

----------
    ROUND 1
    ----------

FROM BURGESS HILL IN WEST SUSSEX - HOT PANTS
    Crashed out in Round 1 of Series 6.

Hot Pants is a long box-wedge shaped robot, designed to be a silky, swuave mover across the arena floor. Easily recognisable with its pants at the back, and the glitter ball hanging from its frame, Hot Pants' main strength is its nasty looking pickaxe, which strikes down very powerfully, and ALWAYS leads the dancing. However, the reliability isn't great and those wheels seem a little exposed. Hot stuff? Or simply Pants?

FROM NEWCASTLE IN STAFFORDSHIRE - RIPPER
    Reached the heat final whilst disposing of a few House Robots on the way, and also reached the final of an annihilator.

Ripper is a big, bulky looking machine. However, the mechanics and electricals are quite compact, which means most of this wedge shaped machine is meerly empty space, which allows its relatively thin armour to be effective. It also has a powerful looking flipper, with two rams instead of one. It is powerful and effective, but aside from the armour, it isn't completely flipper-proof.

FROM CANNOCK IN STAFFORDSHIRE - THE ALIEN
    Three times, this machine has fought, but never made it far.

A sort-of reverse box wedge makes up the body shape of this machine. It is fairly solid, can right itself if need be and it also has a devestating spinning hammer weapon which can rip pieces off and muck up inner workings. Reliability seems to be its biggest problem, though, letting it down on more than one occasion...

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY....

Booth 1 - Hot Pants
    Booth 2 - Ripper, The Alien
    House Robots - Shunt, Matilda

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    And off they go! Ripper gets off to the fastest start, and heads for Hot Pants. Its large front scoop easily gets underneath its ground clearance....and flips it over! Can Hot Pants right itself? Its axe fires forwards....but The Alien approaches....
    WHAM!!
    Ouch! The blow has knocked the glitter ball straight off! Hot Pants is still on its back, the axe is out....and I'm not convinced it is going to move again! I don't think it can right. I'm not even sure it is fully working now! Ripper meanwhile decides to toy with The Alien...and flips it up, but not over!
    WHAM!!
    The Alien's hammer catches Ripper's flipper! It doesn't do noticable damage, but that wasn't a wise choice! Meanwhile, Refbot is investigating Hot Pants...
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8! 9! 10!
    And Hot Pants is out! Matilda comes in with her own flywheel...
    WHAM!!
    And Hot Pants is knocked back over, but with its wheel guard broken! It tries to get away, but it's much too late for it now....oh, but Ripper flips it over anyway!
    CEASE!!

Hot Pants....as I thought, Pants.
    RIPPER AND THE ALIEN GO THROUGH!!

----------
    ROUND 2
    ----------

FROM DEVON - KRONIC THE WEDGEHOG
    It reached the heat final in its first appearance in Series 4, but never reached that stage again in three more attempts.

A long, blue wedge shaped machine, Kronic the Wedgehog may not be as fast as his name-saked pun, but it's certainly more dangerous. As if the scary face on the front, or the sight of the foam spikes catching fire, isn't dangerous enough, Kronic also has two flippers...one at the front for flipping and one on top for self-righting. It is very sleek and effective, quite reliable too, but I worry about the exposed wheels.

FROM HORNCHURCH IN ESSEX - LIGHTNING
    Caused a storm in its first appearance in Series 7, reaching the heat final, before losing to Gravity.

This is another blue wedge-shaped robot, apparantly built from the remains of an alien spaceship. Low to the ground and quite sleek, it has a unique flipper which activates sideways, rather than forwards or backwards like most flippers. The aim is clearly to drive straight underneath and knock it over. I just worry though, it'll need to get quite a distance underneath for it to work properly...AND JUST WAIT FOR THE THUNDER! (sorry, couldn't resist)

FROM LUDLOW IN SHROPSHIRE - TETANUS BOOSTER
    Three times it fell in Round 2 of its heats, before reaching the Heat Final of Series 7, only to lose to the then-defending-champion Tornado.

Tetanus Booster is designed to be small and compact. It is a simple box shaped machine, largely dwarfed by its competitors, but agile and quite speedy. Its main weapon, the spinning drum at the front, may look small, but it can cause some serious damage to any weak armour panels, as Leveler 2 and Ewe 2 found out. It has a suspicious ground clearance, though.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY...
    Booth 1 - Lightning
    Booth 2 - Kronic the Wedgehog, Tetanus Booster
    House Robots - Sir Killaot, Mr Psycho

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    And they're off! It's Kronic who gets off to the quickest start. It seems its aim is towards Tetanus Booster, who's drum is already spinning. Kronic drives underneath, but just seems to shrug the drum off. It flips Tetanus Booster over, but that won't worry it, it is fully invertible. Lightning charges into the side of Kronic all of a sudden, making its own attempt to flip it! Instead, it pushes Kronic across the arena...and right into Sir Killalot's CPZ! Tetanus Booster follows, and strikes the rear end of Lightning! Sir Killalot probes his lance at Kronic, but actually knocks it off of Lightning and back into the action. Kronic retaliates by getting underneath Lightning...and flipping it over! But Lightning uses its unique side flipper to throw itself back over....oh, right on top of Tetanus Booster!! Kronic aims its snout for Tetanus, gets underneath....and flips BOTH of them over! Certainly, Kronic seems to be the strongest of the three robots! Tetanus, being invertible, is able to drive away first, whilst Lightning is still self-righting, and it digs into Kronic's side. Lightning self-rights, and rushes away...to hit the pit release button! Down goes the Pit of Oblivion! Kronic tries to turn to get at Tetanus again. Tetanus' tyres begin to smoke, there's a lot of friction going on within that little machine! Lightning barges underneath Tetanus, and flips it aside, and over! But again, that doesn't worry it too much. But Kronic pushes underneath Tetanus too, and drives....straight towards the pit! Two wheels go in, and Tetanus is stuck! Kronic sees this, turns, positions...and pushes! Down goes Tetanus Booster, out of the competition!
    CEASE!!

Tetanus Booster, jabbed in the backside!
    KRONIC THE WEDGEHOG AND LIGHTNING GO THROUGH!!

HEAT-SEMIS
    Ripper vs Lightning
    The Alien vs Kronic the Wedgehog

My plan is to avoid rippers flipper and push him from the side. if he misfires his flipper, get under him and take him to the
    pit

yay! good fights Chris

hmmm The Alien. Try and avoid the hammer if I can, I think Kronic is nippier than The Alien so shouldn't be impossible to avoid any fatal collisions. At least try not to leave my sides or rear exposed to it.
    The plan is to try and pull off a Prizephita vs. The Alien is series 5, since Kronic is a similar design. Just get underneath and throw it over, hopefully against the wall so it won't be able to self-right, or maybe into the pit if I'm lucky.

Good luck !

Right, I've decided I'm gonna try and get at least a round done a week if nothing else. I hate it when I lag. -_-

Anyway...

----------
    BATTLE 3
    ----------

LIGHTNING
    Looked strong in its first round battle, helping to defeat Tetanus Booster

RIPPER
    Took out Hot Pants with ease.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY....

Booth 1 - Lightning
    Booth 2 - Ripper
    House Robots - Sir Killalot, Shunt

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    And they're off. Lightning turns to aim for a sideways dodge. Ripper turns with it, slips its flipper scoop, and fires....Oh, too early! This lifts Ripper up into the air, and Lightning gets under the now even greater ground clearance, and it flips Ripper....onto its back end! And that's a disaster for Ripper, as it cannot self-right from that position! And with the first attack, the battle is practically already over! Lightning backs away from the beached Ripper and spins in celebration. Refbot has a good long look at Ripper. Still, it doesn't move...and the countdown begins!
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8! 9! 10!!
    And Ripper is out! Lightning backs away, as Sir Killalot comes in, and he's hellbent on revenge, after all the trouble Ripper caused him in Series 7. His claw digs into Ripper's underside and lifts it up. And he does his infamous victory spin. Ripper goes flying, and lands upside down...and it FINALLY rights itself! Much too late, though. It may be moving now, but Ripper was already counted out. He drives towards Shunt's CPZ....HAHAHA! HE'S FLIPPED SHUNT OVER!! BRILLIANT! For us. Not Shunt, obviously. Sir Killalot isn't happy. Lightning, meanwhile, hits the pit release button, the pit decends...and Ripper drives away from Sir Killalot...HAHA! STRAIGHT INTO THE PIT! Oh well.
    CEASE!!

Ripper may be out, but carnage never dies easily.
    LIGHTNING STRIKES ITS WAY TO THE HEAT FINAL!

----------
    BATTLE 4
    ----------

KRONIC THE WEDGEHOG
    A good solid performance against Tetanus Booster saw it through to here.

THE ALIEN
    That spinning hammer looks really destructive, but this is the furthest it has ever reached.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY...
    Booth 1 - The Alien
    Booth 2 - Kronic the Wedgehog
    House Robots - Dead Metal, Sgt Bash

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    And they're off. Lets hope it lasts longer than the last one, as Kronic the Wedgehog approaches The Alien, gets straight underneath...and flips it over! Now we know that The Alien isn't the best at self-righting, and I think Kronic is pushing Alien back in order to prevent it from properly doing so....but The Alien DOES self-right this time. It backs away, and attempts to turn, but Kronic follows. Again, it gets underneath. FLIP! Over goes The Alien again! This time, Kronic turns and pushes The Alien backwards, blocking its self-righting attempts, straight towards an unoccupied CPZ. Sgt Bash is quick to move in, and fires his flamethrower....HE'S SET KRONIC'S FOAM SPINES ON FIRE! BRILLIANT!! Kronic quickly backs away, and this time, The Alien self-rights. It'll need to come back into this somehow. Its spinning hammer gets up to speed once more, and it chases after Kronic, who moves to the centre of the arena. Kronic turns quicker than The Alien can reach it, and gets underneath. FLIP! Over it goes again! And again, Kronic uses its tactic of driving The Alien into a CPZ, this time where Dead Metal awaits! He grabs The Alien, and brings forward his saw, which hits the wheel area! Some sparks fly! Kronic backs away. Eventually, Dead Metal pushes The Alien out of the CPZ. Can The Alien still self-right?....Yes it can! Kronic contemplates its next move. The Alien moves forward....pulls to the right....readjusts....pulls strongly to the right again....has something gone wrong with The Alien? It has pneumatic tyres, I seem to remember...and I think one of them might be damaged! That's why it's struggling to drive in a straight line! Surely now it is a sitting duck! Kronic the Wedgehog seems to have realised something isn't right, and comes in to have a look. It gets underneath, but The Alien pulls off...Kronic mistimes its flipper fire...
    BANG! PHSSSSSSSSSTTT!!
    OH NO!! THE ALIEN'S HAMMER STRIKES KRONIC'S FLIPPER IN THE UP POSITION AND COMPLETELY BUCKLES IT OUT OF POSITION!! This is a disaster for Kronic!! Kronic hastily beats a retreat, its flipper damaged, but The Alien cannot persue it cleanly, it's still pulling strongly to the right. Kronic no longer wishes to come in...
    CEASE!!

What an anticlimax! Both robots still mobile, just, so it'll have to go to the judges.

Join me later today for the decision.

Register To Comment