Register To Comment
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Robot Wars - The "Legends" Special

OK guys, I suppose I should say this now. This Saturday, I will be going on holiday for a week, and I won't have internet access. However, I will still try to write at least both first round battles for Heat C.

Until then, here's the Heat Semi Finals.

----------
    HEAT-SEMI 1
    ----------

Looked very destructive in Round 1, but I worry about its stability.

WOLVERINE
    Already doing much better than its unfortunate Series 5 run.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!

Booth 1 - 259
    Booth 2 - Wolverine
    House Robots - Dead Metal, Sgt Bash

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    And the semi finals begin, with Wolverine, the quicker of the two, turning to get away from that flywheel. 259 follows, but it is quite slow, at only 9mph. Wolverine aims to get around the side...and does so. The side skirt of 259 is buffeted, but Wolverine doesn't quite get underneath. 259 turns, and Wolverine turns as well...
    WHAM!!
    Wolverine's side is caught quite badly, but it doesn't fall on its back. It backs away to recover, but doesn't have time to turn as 259 comes towards it head on. But instead of reversing, it decides to run straight at it...
    WHAM!!
    But whilst one may have expected Wolverine to be buffeted, it has, in fact, gotten underneath 259! This is a surprise. Wolverine lifts up 259, which balances on its back, but lands the right way up...but right back on Wolverine, who is now further underneath. Wolverine flips 259 again, and this time, 259 falls over!! 259 is on its back, and with no self-righting mechanism, it isn't going anywhere! Wolverine spins in celebration, and hits the pit release button. Refbot comes in to count down and out 259...
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8! 9! 10!
    Dead Metal immediately rushes out to greet 259. He grabs it in his pincers, and slices through its soft underbelly. Luckily, for 259, with the pit already open, Dead Metal decides to push it in soon afterwards...and at least it stayed in better condition than when it fought Fluffy.
    CEASE!!

259 - The numbers of defeat.
    WOLVERINE GOES THROUGH TO THE HEAT FINAL!!

--------------------

----------
    HEAT-SEMI 2
    ----------

REACTOR 2
    Looked impressive in Round 1, where the axe caused damage to Araknia.

REPTIRRON THE SECOND
    How much damage did it REALLY take from 259?

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!

Booth 1 - Reptirron the Second
    Booth 2 - Reactor 2
    House Robots - Cassius Chrome, Sir Killalot

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    The battle begins, both robots determined to go through. Reptirron turns away from the initial charge of Reactor 2. Like Wolverine, it has the speed advantage over its opponent. It aims for the sides, Reactor tries to turn, but it doesn't make it in time, and Reptirron flips it over! Reactor's flamp opens and shuts, its wheels spin....and it falls back onto its wheels, making use of its unique and innovative srimech system. Reptirron, however, isn't letting it get away that easily, and begins pushing it from the rear. Reactor uses its axe weapon, but causes minimal problems for Reptirron, who flips it up again. This time, however, Reactor's long body saves it, and it doesn't fall over. Reptirron, however, keeps pushing, and Reactor is marshalled into a CPZ, where Cassius Chrome awaits. He pushes Reactor into the arena wall, and holds it there briefly. Not for long, though, as Reactor reverses away, and hits the pit release button. Reptirron rushes back, and attempts to push it into the pit, but Reactor simply keeps moving forward, and Reptirron's pitting attempt fails. But as Reactor turns, Reptirron gets underneath its side and flips it again! This time, though, Reactor rolls right back over and around. The two begin to circle each other now, and it's obvious neither is willing to give up without a fight. But now, suddenly, Reactor gets underneath Reptirron...and flips....oh, Reptirron lucky there to stay on its wheels. Reptirron pauses, then charges again, but the two skirt down each others sides. Reactor tries to turn into Reptirron again, but Reptirron glances back, and attempts to push Reactor from behind. Reactor can't push back, and Reptirron opens its flipper, and makes the charge....and down the pit goes Reactor! Oh, what a shame!
    CEASE!!

Reactor has gone into meltdown.
    REPTIRRON THE SECOND GOES THROUGH.

HEAT FINAL
    Wolverine vs Reptirron the Second.

YES I finally made it to the heat final

OK just avoid that flipper, its not the fastest so get to his rear and push him from there into the house robots, keep at
    his sides and knock him down the pit

Good luck and may the best man win

Well, it's been another interesting heat of Robot Wars - The Legends Special. After several scrapes and awkward moments, four legends have been shunted out of the spotlight, with just two remaining. Only one can go through to the Legends Final. Let's remind ourselves how they got this far...

WOLVERINE has looked pretty strong throughout this heat. It used its pushing ability well to dispose of Araknia, and then brute determination to sink the impressive 259.

REPTIRRON THE SECOND had a rough ride in comparison. Alongside 259, it was rendered immobile, but went through after Hassock's Hog was deemed even more so. From there, a long and dogged fight against Reactor 2 ended with Reptirron's superior driving skill and turning circle winning the battle.

----------
    HEAT FINAL
    ----------

REPTIRRON THE SECOND
    It seems to have fully recovered from the bashing it got from 259, but only time will tell.

WOLVERINE
    I'd have this down as the favourite, personally, on what I've seen so far.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!!

Booth 1 - Reptirron the Second
    Booth 2 - Wolverine
    House Robots - Dead Metal, Shunt

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    Neither robots have made it to this stage before. But they rush out straight away. Wolverine, the faster, wants to avoid that front flipper of Reptirron. The two turn, with Wolverine trying to get around the back of Reptirron. Reptirron turns, but not quite quickly enough, and Wolverine gets under the side. It lifts....but doesn't quite flip over the wide Reptirron. Reptirron reverses away, Wolverine follows. Wolverine gets to the side again, and pushes against Reptirron, trying to get it towards a CPZ. Shunt is waiting there, but Reptirron slips out of the way before Wolverine can push it there. Wolverine isn't giving up yet, and it charges towards Reptirron's side again. The two circle each other, their metal sides grinding against each other, so to speak. Wolverine fires its scoop at thin air, allowing Reptirron to adjust position. They're both desperate to get that one vital flip in. Wolverine tries to rush around the back of Reptirron....but it doesn't turn quickly enough....Reptirron gets underneath....and FLIPS! Wolverine rocks up....and Reptirron keeps pushing....AND WOLVERINE FALLS OVER ONTO ITS BACK! And I don't think it wants a tummy-tickle either. Reptirron turns and strikes Wolverine with its spinning disc, not causing much damage. Wolverine fires its scoop, but that won't get it back upright. Refbot comes in to investigate...
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8! 9! 10!!
    And Wolverine, my favourite for this, is out! Dead Metal comes rushing out to meet and greet...and eat the carcass of Wolverine. He buries his circular saw straight into Wolverine's underbelly, sparks flying. Now he drags Wolverine onto the arena floor flipper. You ever seen a flying Wolverine? How about.....NOOOOOOWWW!! Wolverine lands....right way up!! It runs away, but it's much too late now. You're out! Dead Metal clutches it again, as if to remind it it is already out...
    CEASE!!

Wolverine, baying at the moon no longer!
    REPTIRRON THE SECOND GOES THROUGH TO THE FINAL!!

So, Reptirron the Second joins Iron Awe 2.1 in what promises to be a cracking Legends Final. Next time, six more robots will fight it out to join them.

HEAT C
    Gyrobot vs S.M.I.D.S.Y. vs Tomohawk
    Constrictor vs Diotoir vs Sir Chromalot

OH Blast it!

My robot in the next heat (Tomohawk) is teaming up with Gyrobot. The plan is

stay away from smidsy's front and bash his sides. Try taking out a wheel or 2 in the process, and leave the front of it to
    the spinning ring of Gyrobot. If he can rip off the jaws, i'll come up to the front and axe it to death, then if its still alive
    knock it down the pit

Helloher: i accept the team up. Tactics on previous page

Register To Comment