Register To Comment
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Robot Wars - The "Legends" Special

Welcome to Robot Wars - The Legends Special. Last time, you saw Reptirron the Second rampage its way to the final, skinning Wolverine on the way.

But tonight, two of the biggest showmen in the wars, Sir Chromalot and Diotoir, are in the arena together. And also competing tonight, perhaps the most successful robot to never make it past the heats, tournament favourite S.M.I.D.S.Y., ready to bust some moves, and some robots.

----------
    HEAT C
    ----------

Yes, it's Heat C already. It feels like the tournament only started a few weeks ago....which is fitting, because it did. But the robots never rest. They crave destruction....and so do I. XD

S.M.I.D.S.Y. vs Gyrobot vs Tomohawk
    Diotoir vs Constrictor vs Sir Chromalot

I'd say don't try this at home....but who's got a battle arena with a flamethrower in their living room? LET THE WARS BEGIN!!

----------
    ROUND 1
    ----------

FROM SWINDON IN WILTSHIRE - GYROBOT
    Lost in Round 2 of its heat after being thrown around the arena by The Grim Reaper

This innovative competitor is what's known as a Ring Spinner - the circular body is surrounded by a 40 kilo spinning ring, spinning at 800rpm, and by spinning on the spot, Gyrobot can make it spin faster. It's very quick at 20mph, but it has little experience in the warzone, and that could let it down in a very experienced heat.

FROM MAIDSTONE IN KENT - S.M.I.D.S.Y.
    This robot has been a heat-finalist three times in five wars, that is more than any other robot without passing that stage.

The name, if you don't know by now, means Sorry Mate, I Didn't See You. This long, low invertible box shaped robot is very powerful on its four wheel drive and has two weapons - a lifting scoop at the front and a horizontal cutting disc at the back. It's very experienced, very effective, very powerful....but I still question its reliability.

FROM BIRMINGHAM - TOMOHAWK
    Took just one hit in the first round of its heats from IG-88, and that was enough to knock it out.

This box-wedge shape has a very low profile, is quite speedy around the arena, and has a nasty looking pneumatic axe for a weapon, but its track design is largely untested, and it doesn't like spinners....who in their right mind DOES?

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!!

Booth 1 - Gyrobot, Tomohawk
    Booth 2 - S.M.I.D.S.Y.
    House Robots - Shunt, Cassius Chrome

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    The fight begins. Tomohawk and S.M.I.D.S.Y. are the first to move, with Gyrobot lagging a bit, to get the ring up to speed. S.M.I.D.S.Y. turns front on into Tomohawk, and is hit with its axe a few times. S.M.I.D.S.Y. pushes Tomohawk back into the arena wall, lifting it up with its jaw. Gyrobot, now spinning, comes in from the side and strikes S.M.I.D.S.Y. just in front of its rear wheel. No damage, but S.M.I.D.S.Y. reverses in an attempt to retaliate, and therefore it drops Tomohawk. Tomohawk recovers and ploughs into S.M.I.D.S.Y.'s side, again hitting with the axe. Gyrobot rolls in front of S.M.I.D.S.Y., and the acronym named machine turns its attention to the ring spinner, and drives it towards the arena wall....straight into a grinder! S.M.I.D.S.Y. lifts up Gyrobot, as Tomohawk comes in and axes it again. S.M.I.D.S.Y. reverses....oh, and strikes the axe-weilding robot hard in the side with its disc. Gyrobot escapes and tries to retreat. S.M.I.D.S.Y.'s intentions now seem to be clearly on Tomohawk. It gets underneath the front of it again and pushes it.....towards Cassius Chrome. The boxing House Robot punches Tomohawk a few times, but no damage caused at all...OW! Gyrobot suddenly struck S.M.I.D.S.Y. in the rear, but no damage was caused by the spinning ring....in fact, I worry that damage has been caused TO the spinning ring by S.M.I.D.S.Y.'s blade! Tomohawk has gotten away, but S.M.I.D.S.Y. now gets under its side, and pushes it over the flame pit! Tomohawk gets away and fires its axe as it turns, but misses S.M.I.D.S.Y., whilst Gyrobot hits the pit release button. S.M.I.D.S.Y. is STILL on the tail of Tomohawk, and pushes it around the arena again. Gyrobot comes in, but its rim is no longer spinning, and I fear it could be in massive trouble now. But Tomohawk is being pushed into Shunt....who strikes! His axe bashes against Tomohawk's armour plating! Gyrobot comes forward and pushes against S.M.I.D.S.Y.'s side....Tomohawk drives away, leaving S.M.I.D.S.Y. in the CPZ! Shunt's axe comes down and hits S.M.I.D.S.Y., making a nasty looking hole in the top. S.M.I.D.S.Y. reverses away....and hits Tomohawk with its disc again....no damage, it seems, except for a few scratches. We're into the last 10 seconds, and S.M.I.D.S.Y. is now lifting up Gyrobot with its scoop. Gyrobot is raised off the ground. Tomohawk....doesn't appear to be moving....!
    CEASE!!

Saved by the Cease! Tomohawk may have been immobilised, but not for long enough. The battle shall go to the judges.

GYROBOT
    Damage - Caused very little damage at all. 1/5
    Aggresion - Quite persistant at first, suffered greatly once its weapon stopped working. 2/5
    Control - Poor control throughout, but did lure S.M.I.D.S.Y. into Shunt's CPZ. 2/5
    Style - Good at first, dropped after damage to ring. 3/5

S.M.I.D.S.Y.
    Damage - Caused significant damage to Gyrobot, immobilised Tomohawk at the end. 5/5
    Aggresion - Fairly aggresive under attack from both machines. 4/5
    Control - Well controlled throughout the battle, loses points for two mistakes. 4/5
    Style - Strong style throughout. 4/5

TOMOHAWK
    Damage - Very little damage at all. 1/5
    Aggresion - Very aggresive, hit S.M.I.D.S.Y. several times. 4/5
    Control - Poor control in places, kept getting in front of S.M.I.D.S.Y.'s scoop, missed an axe shot. 2/5
    Style - Pretty good style, but loses points for immobilisation at end. 3/5

TOTAL
    Gyrobot = 8/20
    S.M.I.D.S.Y. = 17/20
    Tomohawk = 10/20

The decision is in....and with that, Gyrobot is eliminated!
    S.M.I.D.S.Y. AND TOMOHAWK GO THROUGH TO ROUND 2!

Next time - Sir Chromalot vs Diotoir vs Constrictor

Welcome back to The Legends Special of Robot Wars. If you joined us, you saw a tight clash that ended with Gyrobot crashing out on a judges decision, to leave S.M.I.D.S.Y. and Tomohawk go through to round 2. Let's see who'll join them.

----------
    ROUND 2
    ----------

FROM TORQUEY IN DEVON - CONSTRICTOR
    Thrown out of the arena by Tsunami in Series 7

This robot is long and low to the ground, which won't make it easy to grab. Its weapon consists of a lifting beak which can double as a clamp to squeeze the life out of its victims. It can run upside down, but it also has a srimech, but it doesn't like being flipped.

FROM DUBLIN IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND - DIOTOIR
    Has competed in five wars and reached two heat finals.

It doesn't exactly look like a robot, but don't be fooled by the fur, boggle eyes and luring grin, this robot is dangerous. The smile sits upon a lifting mechanism which in the past has upset the mighty Tornado. It has predigree, is very manuverable and difficult to flip, but it's flammable, not the best at self-righting, and....what the heck IS that thing on top of it?

FROM SOUTH OCKENDON IN ESSEX - SIR CHROMALOT
    Four times this machine has competed, but it has never been beyond the second round.

Made from an American truck wheel hub, Sir Chromalot certainly has 18 wheels of thunder when it comes to determination. It has a powerful flipper arm that doubles as srimech and it is also quite fast. But can it really get past the second round, or is that a perminant barrier? We'll see.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!!

Booth 1 - Constrictor, Diotoir
    Booth 2 - Sir Chromalot
    House Robots - Dead Metal, Sgt Bash

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!
    I bet Sgt Bash will be pleased to see Diotoir again. It's Sir Chromalot that makes the first move, but to whom? Well, it seems that Constrictor is making a move towards Sir Chromalot. Sir Chromalot gets underneath Constrictor and flips it over! And I mentioned right at the start of the battle that it doesn't like being flipped. It fires its flipper...and manages to throw itself back over...but now Diotoir comes in from the side and flips it over too! Constrictor lands awkwardly upside down again, and tries to drive away...no, that's not working. The flipper lifts up...no, that isn't working either. Constrictor, again, tries to drive away...but it doesn't look as though there's any power in the left hand drive! Diotoir pushes into Sir Chromalot...Oh, and Sir Chromalot retaliates by flipping Diotoir over! Oh, and one of its eyes has fallen off again!! Oh, Diotoir! Do you exist solely to please us? Who knows. But Constrictor is still struggling to get driving properly! Refbot approaches. Sir Chromalot spins in the centre of the arena..
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8! 9! 10!!
    Well, he counted someone out, but who? The house robots come in...and can't seem to decide! Dead Metal thinks it was Diotoir counted out, but Sgt Bash thinks it was Constrictor. The saw blade of Dead Metal buries itself into the underbelly of Diotoir. Sgt Bash graps the lifter on Constrictor and carries it to the floor flipper. You ever seen a snake fly? You're about to....FLIP!! And there it goes. The rear panel flies off...AND NOW CONSTRICTOR is moving freely again! But is it too late?
    CEASE!!

Well, after examination, it turned out that the panel on top of Constrictor had bent awkwardly after Diotoir flipped it, which lifted one wheel off the floor and prevented it from moving freely. And the judges say that Constrictor was immobilised first, so...controversial though it may be...
    DIOTOIR GOES THROUGH ALONG WITH SIR CHROMALOT!

Next Time...

S.M.I.D.S.Y. vs Diotoir
    Sir Chromalot vs Tomohawk

My plan is to avoid that flipper and axe it to death and push it into the house robots.

Good luck :P

I don't think Tomahawk's axe is overly accurate and from what I remember Sir Chrome is fast while Tomahawk is slow, therefore the plan is to keep moving quickly and use a hit-and-run tactic, flipping Tomahawk over as many times as possible and pitting it if I can.

Good luck!

Welcome back to Robot Wars - The Legends Special, and we have our 4 heat-semi-finalists. S.M.I.D.S.Y., Tomahawk, Sir Chromalot and Diotoir have all scrapped through to this stage, but only two can reach the Heat Final.

----------
    HEAT SEMI 1
    ----------

DIOTOIR
    Very fortunate to get through Round 1, but it did help take Constrictor out.

S.M.I.D.S.Y.
    Very much the favourite, I think, for this heat, and possibly the whole tournament.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!
    Booth 1 - Diotoir
    Booth 2 - S.M.I.D.S.Y.
    House Robots - Sir Killalot, Sgt Bash (of course)

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!
    S.M.I.D.S.Y. has the faster start, that's for certain. It turns and attempts to get around the side. But Diotoir is quite manuverable, and turns to face the cyber-entry. The two meet, scoop to scoop. But the scoop of Diotoir is quite narrow, and S.M.I.D.S.Y. backs away just before it fires, albeit one of the Irish machine's eyes has fallen off! Typical! S.M.I.D.S.Y. gets underneath Diotoir's raised scoop, and begins to push...but if its battle with Tornado has taught us anything, it's that the Son of Nemesis is harder than it looks...indeed, it begins to push S.M.I.D.S.Y. back. In fact, it pushes it very close to the angle grinders. The sparks shower over S.M.I.D.S.Y....and then the cyber-machine lifts its scoop up, raising Diotoir slightly....and lifting its wheels off the ground. Now there could be trouble for the Irish entry! Indeed, S.M.I.D.S.Y. is pushing Diotoir back, ever so slowly, the rear of Dio' scrapping along the ground...and towards Sir Killalot's CPZ! Sir K is a-ready and waiting, and grabs hold of Diotoir's top mounted beam. Whatever it is used for - srimech or otherwise - it's certainly made it easy for Sir Killalot to grab a-hold of. He carries Diotoir out of the CPZ....and where to? Why, over the FLAME PIT of course! Immediately the fur goes up in flames! Lovely! It's good to have you back, Diotoir! But of course, Diotoir isn't immobilised, and Sir Killalot has to put him down....right on the flame pit, of course. But as he retreats, S.M.I.D.S.Y. is right back there....whilst Killalot was having a Diotoir BBQ, it hit the pit release button. Now the pit has decended, and S.M.I.D.S.Y. is now up and under the side of Diotoir, lifting it slowly up. The Irish Annihilator (see what I did there?) won't go down without a fight, and falls off the top of S.M.I.D.S.Y., but at only 6mph, it can't get away from the speedy S.M.I.D.S.Y. quickly enough. S.M.I.D.S.Y. lifts it up again and drives it towards the arena wall....and then it pushes....and now it's giving Diotoir a piggy back! Well, why not? It has done it before. Now S.M.I.D.S.Y. slowly carries Diotoir towards the pit, and rolls back and forth. Slowly but surely, the smouldering lump of metal that used to be furry slides down the pit and out of the Legends Special. Bye-Bye! Send us a postcard from Ireland!
    CEASE!!

Diotoir, truely annihilated....Diotated? Whatever!
    S.M.I.D.S.Y. goes through to the Heat-Final.

In other news.....I am so sorry for the delay! I will make it up, but volunteering makes it difficult.

Register To Comment