Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a new beginning...

hi all,
    some of you may have noticed that i have been a bit quiet recently
    iv been busy...
    but im back

lots of things have been going on in the Team Orr camp:

1: we are focusing more on featherweights now, orrion is a awsome robot but atm we just dont have the time to give it the attention it needs, so its been put to the side for a bit, the new featherweight line-up is:

the mighty gizmo (TMG)
    ministrom
    prodigy
    (un-named drum spinner)
    pure evil

2: i have started work on a dual brushless featherweight drum spinner, however, i have decided to put this to one side for now so i can focus on my other featherweights and get them moving properly

3: i have bought a new robot, pure evil, its a awsome robot with a stonking axe i got it moving the other day (low battery testing can be seen here>>>)

did some work on evil today

[attachment=2:2jdqzeca]100712-015137.jpg[/attachment:2jdqzeca]
    Pure evil as it was befor i started today, the paint job is a lot better now, that one was slightly crappy because you can still see some of the yellow hdpe underneath, new one is done and ready to be touched up with a airbrush later on this week

[attachment=1:2jdqzeca]100712-015750.jpg[/attachment:2jdqzeca]
    took off some of the pannels so i could get a looksie underneath, all seems to be fine (exept some slightly dodgey wireing at the back which i resoldered pretty easily) was interesting to see that there is a george francis speed controller in there. the batterys have seen better days so they may need replacing with some new packs soon.
    [attachment=0:2jdqzeca]100712-020024.jpg[/attachment:2jdqzeca]

shot of the electronics, this thing is really well made and really sturdy! hdpe is awsome spent a while re-tapping a few holes which have been slipping and replaced the odd bolt or two, but other that that id give it a clean bill of health,

still needs a charger tho, anybody know where i can get a super-nova? or have one lying around?

ta, jack
    Attached Images Attached Images

oh, and i found a little somthing lurking in the back of the workshop..... :wink:

[attachment=0:rkals8mn]100113-123615.jpg[/attachment:rkals8mn]

mmmmm.....me needs sleep nooow.....zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz....

jack i have charger not the one your after but it is as good and will plug into the wall which is a bonus

let me know

2: i have started work on a dual brushless featherweight drum spinner, however, i have decided to put this to one side for now so i can focus on my other featherweights and get them moving properly
    I did the dual brushless thing in 360 to start with.

Save yourself a lot of time and ALOT of money and just go for one big single motor.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_turbulence
    Save yourself a lot of time and ALOT of money and just go for one big single motor.
    I completely agree, dual brushless is a pain to get right and has no significant benefit.

mmm...parts [attachment=2:3nay5fkm]100723-025442.jpg[/attachment:3nay5fkm][attachment=1:3nay5fkm]100723-025707.jpg[/attachment:3nay5fkm][attachment=0:3nay5fkm]100723-030045.jpg[/attachment:3nay5fkm]

+1 (due to silly 3 attachment maximum )

Good stuff

Register To Comment