Register To Comment

Thread: victor 885 calibration

hi all

im trying to calibrate my victor 885

at first i had all the reciver wires conneected to the reciever i had an orange flashing led on victor. But because of some other issues i took the drive ones out so i was left with just the victor (not connected to motor atm)

so i try process again but this time no led light on victor but on the instant i put link in there is a brief red led

really not sure where to go from here

any help would be great

thanks alex

ok first question, are you using a booster cable?

Flashing orange light means that there is no signal being received by the Victor from the receiver. Check the orientation of the black/red/white booster cable where it goes into the Victor, this could possibly be the wrong way round. The white wire should be on the outside edge.

Double check that, and confirm you've got the PWM booster cable and then let us know what happens. I would type a list of possible other things to check just now but I'm slightly inebriated and very tired so it can wait till we see if you're still having problems
    There shouldn't be much to do in the way of calibration though. I seem to recall I was able to use my Victor pretty much straight out of the box.

im using the booster cable that Jamie recommended its the one here

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/product ... SIG36.html

also the white wire is on outside (from booster cable)

any help?

thanks alex

Ok some further questions,

- Are you sure your radio gear is working ok? Ie tested it with a servo?
    - When you say you had other problems, what do you mean?

Register To Comment