Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Imperial build diary

Hopefully getting Stack Error 2 milled today so it can be built in time for Reading.

Also, stuck a screw in the front of Stack Error so it can self right and improved grip by replacing the foam on the wheels with rubber bands.

Have you got any pictures of the current Stack Error? I've heard a bit about it but not actually seen it.

[attachment=0:23zk00qa]P1030296.JPG[/attachment:23zk00qa]

The improved version that can self right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good news and bad news.
    My 5A sabertooth has died with 1A :sad: But I have bought some drills to try and build a featherweight and was given two cheap rc cars to be hacked into something fun for the 2' 6 by 3' arena that I built.

However, I'm still pondering whether to buy a couple of ikea sack trucks for a pair of wheels and some metal tubing.

Some pictures of the arena will be posted later when I find a camera and get off of the apple tv (massive pain in the backside to type quickly on).

Free formed some h bridges out of what I hope are all NPN transistors for use in some rc hackbots for my cousins amusment and to see how easy it is to do for a potential antweight ¼ber flipper.

the arena come flat pack? :P

@Connor: Yep, they screw straight on and are pretty secure. Although a narrow enough pair of pliers or mole grips (locking pliers) allows you to screw the wheel all the way on instead of only 1/3 on. You also get 6 or 7 feet of pre bent metal tubing that an Aussie could easily turn into a robot :P

Unfortunately, invertability is more difficult with these wheels because they are 75mm max and I will probably have to make them flat instead of curved for more grip making them closer to 70mm.

If you can live with that then its a pretty good deal for 2 wheels and a fair bit of tubing for £9.

@Calum: Yes actually, the arena was originally an under bed storage box for my parents room but it didn't fit even after my dad cut it down. So I turned it into an antweight size arena.

Register To Comment