Register To Comment
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

Jamie, to break up my chain I use a pair of needle nose pliers, a small nut a centre punch and a hammer.

Put the nut under one side of the chain and use the punch part bash out a pin in the right place. Then Twist the loose link out of the way turn over and repeat until it is broken.

To re join, Hold the nut in the needle nose and use the hammer to hit the nut around the link hole so that the pin pops in the the hole, turn over and repeat.

Seem long winded, but seems to work, no need for split links only had one failure on 4 chains in 2 years in DB5, which was last weekend. But the chains really need replacing now.

im lazy. i use an angle grinder to get of the top of the pin, then drive the rest of the pin out with a nail or somthing small enough i have to hand.. then put the chain back together with a split link. i use 3/8th chain in maxus.. similar to the 8mm stuff you have in size and i havnt broken any while driving around so far. but ive only really been pushing fws around and slaming into walls etc.

chain splitter? it has a T handle and you just screw it in with your hand, then the pin just pushs out then when need to put back toegther turn the splitter the other way and screw in to push the pin back in

Chain Splitter, thought that was a hammer and punch

lol yea if your a pieky

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I looked at chain splitters online but most of them seemed to be for sizes in the motorbike chain region so I wasnt sure if the 8mm stuff would be a bit small. But Ive seen a couple for 3/8th chain so if 8mm is similar in size to that then it may well work.

Think Ill try the homebrew method of a hammer and nail/centrepunch/pointy thing first and see how that goes - if I get frustrated Ill probably buy a chain splitter

Muchos gracias

Go for the home brew method.

I tried a while back to find a chain splitter that would have been suitable for some 8mm chain. I think the one I found was so overly expensive that there was no point in buying it.

Loving the new weapon motors! Fancy a 1 on 1 with hornet at some point?

Anytime!
    Never much of a fan of shirking a challenge. Plus the last spinner I took on was Little Spinner when the old chassis was still on the go so the new one hasnt really had the chance to prove how well it can stand up (or not stand up!) to spinners.

Got a slab of 20mm Hardox delivered today to form the teeth of the new drum, so once thats all machined and made (and Ive been eliminated from competition fights :P) then Ill throw it into the arena with Hornet

Lol awesome.

Who knows, you might be meeting hornet 36V

Now you tell me!

Would that be Hornet on A123s?
    I was reading through the lithium battery thread last night (well, until my laptop froze, wouldnt restart after ten times, and I threw it on the floor in frustration/anger - oops) with a view to upgrading to them because Im not sure if the Nimhs will restrict the motors from performing at their top potential. Need to do a few tests when I get the new drum fitted first though

(Message edited by K_C_R on November 14, 200

Register To Comment