Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A RW Quiz

is this just he british robot wars or r we including battlebots and us robotwars etc?

Slicer from the Dutch RW series 1?

Chaos 2 (series 3, heat E, final vs. The Big Cheese - The Big Cheese almost self righted itself in the same fight but the engine powering the hydraulics was down to half throttle so the arm didn't have she speed)
    Mortis (series 3, heat F, first round vs. Ming)
    (X-Terminator in series 3, heat K, final vs. Panic Attack doesn't count in my opinion since if I recall correctly PA was already lifting and driving forward with enough force to cause the robot to roll over and back onto its wheels.Your mileage may vary of course )
    Prizephita (series 3, heat N, first round vs. Thing II - in the interests of being an incredibly sad git and winning the qu...um...not that...accuracy and a strong sense of fair play, I found the episode in the annals of YouTube - at half past two in the morning - and confirmed that Prizephita's boxing glove srimech did indeed see use once or twice before getting wedged in the side rail)

There is a grey area with robots like Stinger, Armour Geddon and Pussycat that have no real 'right' or 'wrong' way up and so could be seen as self righting before, but I've assumed those don't count?

Tricky one this :P

Sat'Arn (series 1, heat D) had nasal smoke machines in the intro that the Barber brothers did, but they were never there when it was actually competing , so take that as you will.
    Triterobot (series 3, heat L) did kind of use a smokescreen, but it wasn't an intentional one although Jonathan Pearce identified it as such - one of Triterobot's drive motors burnt out rather spectacularly, which created a lot of smoke and disabled most of the robot (they only had drive to one pair of wheels after that)

Many other robots just vented CO2 in sufficient quantities to be mistaken for smoke, or just caught fire :P so on that basis, I will say that no robot used a deliberate smokescreen other than Alex Holt's Scaramanga series, which don't really count due to not actually existing out of his rather treacherous brain.

Register To Comment