Register To Comment

Thread: attic arena

hi guys,

iv been thinking about this progect for a while, but now iv got the time to do it i shal make a start all my other robots are (amazingly) finished! (well apart from the drive servos for my kilobots, and the axe on prodigy but those bits need to be ordered)

for months at a time during the holidays, im stuck on the isle of wight with nowhere to test my lovely creations, or store them. my house there is fairly big but i cant test my drum spinner in the sitting room :P or my flamethrower in the kitchen! and my mum is getting pretty fed up of trillions of robot parts on the kitchen table :P so, i was shunted into the attic...

now, iv only rarely been up into that attic, and when i do its only to put a old box up there, or get the christmas decorations, and i try to make the visits quite quick because theres no lights, theres loads of spiders everywhere (i hate spiders ) and...it smells of feet

last january i was given the task of fixing up the attic, i fixed the lights, cleared away all the old boxes (it appears the previous owner of the house was into star wars....anyway :P) and what should i find in the corner? a big stash of mdf! (and abnout 7 cordless drills )

for days i was stuck with what to do with it all, but then i saw the arena that they were testing miniroll in and i had a brainwave...a attic arena that solved all the problems

so yeah, sorry for the life story but the basic idea is this, a arena of wooden construction, about 3m by 6m with a pit and (if i can make it) a flipper

il upload a cad pic of what im hoping for soon, in the mean time post up what you guys think and want in the arena

the bad news: im only on the isle of wight for a few weeks at a time, so expect construction to be strewn out over the year but hey, it'l be worth it

jack

good points but:

1: polycarb screens around arena

2: the loft has actualy been soundproofed from when my dad wanted to use it as a recording studeo, i know it sounds like a lie :P but its true, and also theres like 3 floors between me and my family, and the arena will only be used when iv told my family that i will be using it

jack

hey
    im on the isle of wight atm so im gonna make a start soon, on further inspection i found out that some of the wood i found in the attic was mouldy so i chucked that out, then wemt round to the wood place and bought lotsa wood
    also picked up some screws/washers/nuts/bolts/nicnaks etc and brought them all back measered up my loft and layed all the wood down, the only problem i can see is that for the design i want i have too use a lot of the loft space, so im thinking of hinging it in the middle
    pics to follow

jack

Register To Comment