Register To Comment
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flipper Fest 1

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj
    Name: Gehenna
    Weight: 100kgs
    Shape: A low to the ground wedge shape, with sloping sides and rear.
    Colour: Black bodywork with a dark blue flipper.
    Length: 800mm
    Width: 800mm
    Height: 200mm
    Motivation: Two 150mm diameter 30mm wide wheels made of Aluminium 7075. Each wheel has an Asmaprene urethane rubber tyre for extra grip on the arena floor.
    Drive: 2x S28-400 Magmotors running at 26.4v from 40x A123 Lithium-Ion cells.
    Turning Circle: 0mm using a tank style steer.
    Speed: 15mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at the front and variable leading to 10mm at the rear.
    Armour: The wedge is made of an 8mm Titanium/Vanadium alloy. The sides, rear and base are all 6mm Titanium/Vanadium. The flipper itself is made of 4mm Hardox.
    Weapons: The main weapon is a front-hinged flipper, like Firestorm and Envy. It is operated by an 80mm bore 100mm stroke ram. This is run at 145psi on CO2 and the gas is stored in a 2.2kgs canister. This should provide plenty of quick and powerful flips. The flipping plate has an edge to stop robots driving up and over the wedge shape. The secondary weapon is at the rear - it is a 650mm diameter horizontal spinning bar with a 2kg weight at each end. It is powered by an S28-400 Magmotor and spins at 2450rpm from a 2:1 ratio. It weighs 10kgs and is capable of dishing out 22kJ.
    Self-Righter: The flipper is used to self-right Gehenna. The sloping panels mean that it always lands on the flipper if inverted.
    Notes: Thanks to Joey for his help.
    Pictures: Front View | Rear View

Hope that is okay.
    Only one thing that puzzles me, the spining bar dissapears almost halfway into the robot, so how is all the other stuff fitted in that frame? Because you can't place your ram in the way of the spinner.

Ok Leo. I'll change entry (obviously it needs fixing)

The Servant (Retired after ARC: Aftermath)
    Weight: 100kg
    Shape: Mute (S7)
    Colour: Blood Red
    Dimensions: 67cm x 96cm x 26cm
    Drive: 4x 24v S28-400 Magmotors powered by 5x NiCad Battlepacks
    Locomotion: 4 Mute-style wheels.
    Armour: 5mm titanium
    Speed: 35mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front, 5mm elsewhere.
    Turning Circle: 0m
    Weapon: A full-pressure rear-hinged Co2 flipper(looks a lot like Chaos 2's) powered by a fire extinguisher using a 70mm bore 100mm stroke ram. It can flip 500kg.
    Srimech: Flipper
    Strengths: Very fast.
    Weaknesses: Untested in battle
    Bio: Essentially an updated Mute, Team Blood Mages' Servant is prepared to do some damage.
    Win/Loss Ratio: 3/4

I'ts successor is for ARC only. So this one retuns to dish out some damage

Quote Originally Posted by death robotics
    Ok Leo. I'll change entry (obviously it needs fixing)
    The Servant
    Looks okay. It's in.

Thunderstorm please

Link to stats in sig.

Quote Originally Posted by super_sporty
    Thunderstorm please

Link to stats in sig.
    Can you give a more exact link please?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj
    Only one thing that puzzles me, the spining bar dissapears almost halfway into the robot, so how is all the other stuff fitted in that frame? Because you can't place your ram in the way of the spinner.
    Very interesting point, I'll have a look at that.

I'll try Wedga Triton instead, please. Stats here: http://strickenone.proboards.com/index. ... age=1#2074
    Wedga Triton looks okay. It is in.

I found some stats on thunderstorm but it says height 9cm. That can't be right, a CO2 bottle is higher than that.

Can I reserve a spot, should be able to have an entry ready in the next 24hrs

It's rough around the edges, but I'm sure it should fit in the weight limits and laws of physics

I present, Profanity

Name: Profanity
    Weight: 100kgs
    Shape: Box shaped, 60 degree angled front with the corners angled similar to Storm 2, 30 degree angled sides and back. I can provide a drawing if needed.
    Colour: Black with two yellow speed strips. Fancy, I know!
    Speed: 10mph
    Length: 800mm
    Width: 650mm
    Height: 200mm
    Drive: 2x LEM130 motors on 33.3v, geared 8:1 driving 4 200mm diameter, 50mm wide urethane coated wheels.
    Batteries: 6x 10 cell A123 Packs. 33v @ 13.8AH
    Ground Clearance: 0mm @ front wedge, 5mm around sides and back.
    Armour: 5mm Hardox 500
    Weapons: The weapon is a 4-bar flipper/launch designed very similar to Ziggy and Biohazard, however the big difference is the weapons power source. A 10KG, 500mm diameter flywheel rotates @ 5000rpm storing kinetic energy. The flywheel has a 150rpm/v 300mm diameter brushless motor built into it, rated for 5Kw and 25Nm. The energy is directed to the 4-bar mechanism by a 10:1 plantary gearbox, which drives a crank arm and conrod directly to the 4-bar mechanism. The 10:1 gearbox is connected to the crank via an electro magnetic clutch. This should drive the flipper through it's full stroke
    Notes: On the bottom of the flywheel is a vacuum impeller which sucks air from under the robot. A rubber seal running around a 500mm x 500mm square section under the robots base plate provides a seal for the vacuum system, where it provides a suction of 5psi, providing 800Kg*** of down force. This is designed to give the robot ultimate levels of traction and make it hard to flip.

** might not be accurate, need to run it through the calculator
    *** rough calculation based on 384.16 square inches of surface area and 5 pounds per square inch of force.

The only electric/kinetic flipper in the competition, no running out of gas here!

Register To Comment