Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My heavyweight - Apollo in the making.

Just to let all of you know, I'm not running without walking (cheers for whoever made that up ), I've already got an ant and 3 feathers.

I have 10mm polycarb (will order more if need be), and I've got enough wire to last me a lifetime, courtesy of Jonno. I've found some wheelchair motors + wheels on ebay.

Items needed at moment:

Speed controller
    2 x Lead Acid batteries
    Failsafe (removable link/s)
    Linear Actuator (may have found one, not sure if it's correct though and it's in Hong Kong...)
    A couple of hinges (ok, I need 6.... )
    And of course, a transmitter and a reciever (Futaba? Or shall I stick with planet?)

CAD Picture of what it shall look like now (yes, I did base it upon Plunderbird 4!):

There we go.

I was about to say it looks a lot like plunderbird...

Modelled on the design, but with quite a few tweaks to it...

Starting to make the cardboard mock up now. I have a funny feeling that I need more Polycaronate...

Finished the carboard mockup. Also the speed controller and one of the batteries arrived today (No idea where the other two are). Still, it's making progress. I'm making the side panels this evening, so expect some more pics later:

So there you go. The speed controller is RoboteQ.

Better a Plundebird clone than another Iron Awe ripoff lol

I have 2 r4qd 200 amp speed controllers and an interface if interested

Sorry, already got the speed controller. Just need a transmitter and reciever, and a removable link (maybe two - one for the linear actuator as well). If anyone's got any, send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George_TeamZog
    Sorry, already got the speed controller. Just need a transmitter and reciever, and a removable link (maybe two - one for the linear actuator as well). If anyone's got any, send me a PM.
    You would only need one link, you just put the actuator on the same power grid as the rest.

Right. Only a thought, to be on the safe side.

Register To Comment