Register To Comment
Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast

Thread: UK Kilobots - 1.362kg (3 lbs) Combat Robots

what do i know

Ye it will be nice to see a good axe robot, be nice to see a few good lifters / flippers too. This is a good opportunity to build somthing very unique for little cost.

Quick update on the arena, the polycarb (10mm) walls are being cut to size ready to slot in and also the 5mm polycarb roof as been sponsored, so we are looking a few weeks and will be ready to take to an event for the first battles!

We will have to start thinking about arena hazards again. We already have a few good ideas and things that got suggested before.
    There's probably a nights work getting the polycarb to size and mounting it then we can start the fun parts.

I don't think there should be a pit because you don't have to be Brocken to lose- its not destruction!
    I also don't think there should be any arena hazards apart from a flipper- that will encourage all robots to be destructive as the only way you can win is to destroy the other robot.

Perhaps some sort of useless hammer, PULVERIZERARRAERR!!, as the Americans called theirs?

Anything that'll get the crowd thinking there's big damage going on - arena spikes, screws, flails, etc. Maybe even a drop zone?

Standard bare arenas have been done. Would be really nice to see some of the old hazards back, miniature or not.

We are wanting to make it quite Robot Wars like just for the entertainment value.

I want a miniature Jeremy Clarkson and EVERYTHING!

Register To Comment