Register To Comment
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to the FRA

I totally agree with everything Jamie said. That post seemed silly to me.

The FRA is not perfect, but it is most deinfately improving and trying to rectify any issues it's come up against, and I support that. John Bell has been doing a great job of starting to allow us members to have a say and things like posting minutes from meetings reassures me that they're not trying to hide anything from us roboteers.

If the company in question did a search on google, the first link is to the robot rule site which has FRA banners all over. The second link would be Roaming robots. Im sure that if John F had been contacted the FRA exec would have been informed or we would have found out directly. If we can find out the compnay an email or letter thier way wouldn't be a bad thing.

But having done that seach there is no direct link to the FRA website using 'robot wars'. Any way we can promote ourselves higher up this list? I only checked the first 8 pages then got bored.

Im going to say much, because this is a pointless conversation obviously posted to try and cause a little bit of trouble for the FRA ! Ding Ding round 23 !

If they wanted to contact someone in the UK, they would have done.

I would say i probably speak on the phone, or have emails for alsorts of things at least three or four times a month, but they are always tentertive enquiries which lead to nothing. Our trip to the middle east took 3 years to sort out !!

Im even currently discussing options with a production company, but im not about to tell every one ive got it back on Tv, Im not about to get people hopes up with false claims, or even hint as to whats going on.

So even if the FRA had been approached, which im pretty sure it hasn't, it doesn't need to tell anyone until there's something to tell.

At this point in time, remember, it isnt us and them, the FRA, roboteers and Eo's are working together, that should include you too.

Please let the FRA continue to try and improve its service to the members, and stop with the pointless posting !
    I actually think the FRA is taking steps forward !

John

I think raising the FRA's profile in general would be a good idea...the committee does need a bit of time to 'bed down' as Jamie said but would it be at all possible to make the actual association more visible to the event-going public, maybe through a stand handing out leaflets and guides to building very basic robots, or a condensed version of the build rules and guidelines? I haven't been around long enough to know if there's been any similar measures taken in the past, but it seems like a fundamentally good idea that should be looked at.

I'd also like to join the general consensus that this thread and members of the committee talking to us more is a good thing, more transparency can only improve the sport in my opinion

How about some of those terrible mug profile shots? Then we can all see who's who

Joey, you are spot on. There is a magazine in development which will include lots of info on how to get started in the sport which will be distributed via merchandise stands at events. Hopefull later this year we should see some results.

Abit sooner than the end of the year I hope

Quetion..

I paid for my FRA membership at Barnsley, do we get our new membership cards through the post? If so when?

Roboteer

Hi Dave
    membership cards will be in the post asap.
    Clive
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Register To Comment