Thread: A New Start A New Show

Orrion is the realie.

this is orrion:

Name: All Bar One

Weight: 100 kg

Shape: A very wide paralelogram wedge

Colour: Battleship Grey

Dimensions: 33cm * 110 cm * 14 cm

Drive: 2 * LEM 130 (95S) on 49.5 V with 6 * 15 cell A123 ANR26650M1 battery packs

Locomotion: 2* 15cm diameter 5cm wide titanium hubbed wheels covered in urethane rubber

Armour: 7mm hardox on the wedges, 5mm hardox top and bottom, 10mm hardox on the ends and heavy shock proofing to protect vital components

Speed: 29mph

Ground Clearance: 0mm at the wedges, varies along the sides to 5mm at the back although technically more due to inverted wedge

Turning Circle: 0 cm

Weapon: Translational spinner and rammer dishing out 8.4 KJ when top speed ramming

While spinning:

18.2 KJ @ 500 rpm
    73.1 KJ @ 1000 rpm

(now it might kill itself)
    164.5 KJ @ 1500 rpm
    292.5 KJ @ 2000 rpm

Srimech: Invertible

Notes: A bar shaped translational spinner that can ram if stopped spinning due to it having two wheel drive.
    The robots innards are pushed as far as possible to the sides to maximise weight there with the center being hollow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Equinox vs. Absolution

Okay, he's 9cm from the ground. Still quite in range of my blades. Anyway, he'd have to have pretty low forks to slide them completely under Absolution without them getting hit, and if he did, it'd be a bit of a laugh. I mean, it's good to have long, low lifting weapons but trying to lift 200kg with thin, 60cm blades, even at the tip, is difficult. He'd probably lift himself over before lifting me. That's not to say that it won't affect me either, as I'd probably go flying out of control as well. Therefore, I'm going to lock the shell at 2000rpm (gives out just over 200+ kJ) and try to be as aggressive as a walker can be here (lol), before his lifters come into play. I'll spin up to dangerous speeds quickly enough. Operate the legs two at a time so I don't have too many stability issues and keep belting his front end and hopefully I'll take his weapon power out of commission before tearing him to pieces. If I fly out of control, I should be able to spin back up quickly enough before he can attack.

Stinger vs. Gravity

Stay in the middle of the arena, spin about, thwack overhead a few times and generally have a good ol' time with good ol' Gravity.

Good luck Lewis and AJ.

Seeing as that last post is being a pain to edit I'll put my tactice in a new post.

All Bar One vs IAN

Run away until up to full spinning speed then aim to hit IAN square on the sides or the back. Try to stay in the middle(ish) of the arena and avoid that flipper on the front of IAN.

If I happen to be stopped from spinning use the normal drive mode to run away and spin up again or ram him into hazards etc if he's too agressive and repeatedly stops me from spinning up.

Cassius II vs Panic Attack

Try to stack it and use the very large spike on the back of Cassius II to give Panic Attack a good poking if I can stack him.

Equinox vs. Absolution

Ram in backwards at full speed, it should KO itself.
    Equinox stats are in signature, as previously mentioned.

Panic Attack vs. Cassius 2

Cassius 2 was no good at getting under things in the 2 battles it had, and I have a 20kg weight advantage. Lift and pit.

Additional tactic:

If I do go down the pit with Cassius II then attempt to catapult myself out with the massive spike

Register To Comment