Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sabre

Looks good.

Any plans for self-righting? Or is the plan to destroy before you get flipped?

ahhhhh good old Ansys analysis !!

I remember that from uni... i did a whole robot arena, and got lots of pretty pictures !!!

Jamie yeah I'm looking at a self righter. Did the calcs and the disc is gonna apply an upwards force of around 30kg upwards at one wheel whilst giving the same into the ground on the other as I turn hard so I'm gonna need a big magnet, and a righter for when it all goes wrong :P

Jonno its still as wonderful as ever! No sodding undo button!!!!!!!!

ohhhhhhh yes remember now.

The first project i did on it was comparing the theoretical mathematical and ansys calculations of the forces of a car steering system under different conditions...

The amount of times i had to restart !!

You'd think they could add an undo button.

Spent a week working out the maths, and about a day working out the ansys, they actually matched.. well to the tolerance given. Computer wins hands down !!!

Was amusing a few weeks ago in the computer labs, around 40 PCs filled with us lot all working on ansys and every couple of minutes you would just hear large amounts of swearing along with a few mutterings of mesh, nodes or keypoints from a different direction

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver
    Spent a bit more time on the CAD for sabre. Now that I have a job for the summer I should be able to afford to throw it all together and use these expensive parts that i've had sitting around for over a year!
    Hey thats a pretty good CAD. What CAD system did you use

pro engineer

I've used a lot of Cardboard Aided Design, and the last one a piece of string and wooden blocks.

Ah, Cardboard. Where would I be without you? The closest I come to CAD is Appleworks Drawing.

I don't even use cardboard :P it could be said that my robots aren't designed as such, they just happen to adopt a certain shape.

Register To Comment