Register To Comment
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 17/18th July 2010 - Royal Air Tattoo - Roaming Robots

Quote Originally Posted by cliveb
    he had my wd40 as well, suppose its why he's so minted coz he spends nowt
    ha he is minted!

zante was fun, way 2 hot tho!! camera ran out of battery after 3 days n then we lost another camera with like 500 photos on gutted! some photos on fb if any1 wants to have a look at what happens when a large group of birmingham n sheffield lads hit other countries lol nudity is involved tho! so beaware lol

As always big thanks to Jonno and the crew for all their hard work on the weekend. Had lots of fun and stayed more sober than some.

The robots,

The Saint did a couple of fights Zack drove in one and did very well, but the drive motor sheared it€™s shaft and I didn€™t have a spare with me. I think as the robot has got more reliable in the last year the number of running spares carried to the shows has got less. :shock:

Seraphim has continued with its intermittent fault but when it worked it was something to watch as it clambered over almost all the other robots like they were speed bumps. For the UK champs I will probably fit the Sidewinder and leave the Wotty100 out.

Now for the Cherub,

It€™s first time out in the arena there were several problems some expected and some not. I did expect the flange style coupling on the lifting arm to break and it did with spectacular style. Also the armour on the front section to be vulnerable to deformation via the Thor axe This also proved to be the case but not to the extent I was expecting, the inner wheel arch protection plates worked very well when Kan Opener squeezed past the tyres and on to the drive motors! The motors were saved. Things I didn€™t expect the radio seemed to get confused so when I tried to move forward the weapon would move, it was like the TX went from mod 1 to mod 2 I changed the system round to get it working and fixed it that way I will investigate this further when I have the time. I do not like the servo and micro switches for the weapon control so I will be changing this over to a battle switch if I can. Also the front castors both seized up! :shock: :shock:

Now for some good points the lifting arm worked well and lifted all the robots with ease, the drive worked faultlessly and the robot drove in a straight line and control was very easy, also the self right system was working very well too. I think with some more work this robot could be a reliable fun machine, that still won€™t win much.

Register To Comment