Register To Comment
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Maelstrom: Devastation

Chapter One ~ Mechanical Maelstrom City

Lewis gathered his team of 6 expert warriors outside of the Annihilation Stadium to speak with them one final time before they embarked upon their quest.
    €œNo one from here as ever entered the wilds of the robot world before, you understand?€ Lewis asked them
    They all nodded €œThe danger doesn€™t frighten me€ said Jack
    €œYes€ agreed Mark €œI will do whatever it takes to retrieve the trophy!€
    €œThen go on your quest€ said Lewis €œI wish you the best of luck, and don€™t worry that your robots are on this quest while competing in Annihilation, the fanfic world is a strange one!€
    €œIndeed€ agreed Joey €œThough I am quite bamboozled to how I am suddenly able to both transform into Nidhogg Cubed and yet drive him myself simultaneously...€
    €œYes yes whatever€ said Lewis €œGet after that thief, we don€™t have all day you know!€
    And with that he vanished in a puff of smoke.
    €œThat was odd€ remarked Joey
    €œWell you heard him!€ barked Mark €œWe€™ve got a thief to catch, let€™s get going!€
    And so our heroes turned their backs on the Annihilation Stadium and walked down the crowded streets of Mechanical Maelstrom city, encountering on their way Martijn Benschop in the form of Sheer Heart Attack 2, showing off for his many fans. This city was familiar to them, and they knew that no harm would come to them while they stayed here, but it was clear the thief had left the city as the trail of petrol left by the thief led them through the city slums, where robots like Sumpthing and A-Kill lived and through the city gates, into the wilds of Mechanical Maelstrom country. However, the guards at the city gates were not too keen to let them pass.
    The gates were tall and wide, made out of tough tungsten carbide bars that would prevent them making it through, and either side of the gates stood Jason Dante Bardis and Mark Joerger on one side, Mike Flanagan and Mike Regan on the other.
    €œExcuse me gentlemen€ said Jordan €œWould you be kind enough to open the gates for us?€
    €œWe cannot€ said Mark Joerger €œThe wilds of the forest beyond these gates are terrifying and awfully dangerous; you don€™t stand a hope of surviving€
    €œWell the thief we are following travelled through here€ said Tracy quietly €œYou must have let him pass€
    €œNo thief passed through these gates€ said Mike Flanagan, tooting a bicycle horn loudly and making Joe jump €œThe guards who did the morning watch would have stopped anyone€
    €œWell explain the trail of oil!€ said Kody
    €œYou are not in any position to make demands€ said Jason Dante Bardis, normally a friendly guy €œYou do not want us as your enemies, we are all from the ferocious country of Battlebot!€
    €œOh please€ drawled Kody, rolling his eyes sarcastically €œDr. Inferno Jr is a lightweight, you don€™t stand a chance against us!€
    €œOh yeah?€ smirked Jason €œIf you want to fight, bring it on, but I really suggest you don€™t€

Encounter!
    1) Jason Dante Bardis/Towering Inferno
    2) Mark Joerger/Run Away
    3) Mike Flanagan/Conquering Clown
    4) Mike Regan/Brute

Do you fight these four guards, possibly making yourself known criminals if you do, or try to find another way out of the city?

I show them my Subway card briefly and claim to be a Mechanical Maelstrom City Council petrol trail inspector, and demand in the name of the King to be allowed out?

I'm in favour of finding another way out, I don't want to run low on petrol before the real battles start :P

I say don't fight, chances are it will only make things more difficult later on (more people to fight.)

I'll go with the general decision...meaning find another way

Also in for the general finding of another way out.

Chapter Two ~ The Way Out
    Our heroes looked at one another questioningly, unsure what to do. But nobody wanted to be fighting this early on, and who knew what the consequences might be if they were to fight their own protectors?
    €œFighting is pointless, we have enough enemies already€ said Mark to the guards wisely €œLet€™s go guys€
    Jason Dante Bardis looked on as the heroes walked away, wondering if he had done the right thing. Mike Flanagan on the other hand had no qualms and merrily tooted his bicycle horn in farewell, much to the irritation of Mark Joerger.
    €œNow what?€ wondered Tracy aloud as the heroes walked away
    €œWe€™ll have to find another way out€ said Joey thoughtfully €œSurely there must be some other way out of the city?€
    €œI know of a way€ said Mark €œBut you won€™t like it€
    €œTry us€ said Kody €œI€™ve seen a lot of pretty bad solutions in my time€
    €œThe sewers€ said Mark €œWe can get into the pipes and then make it back to the surface when we are on the other side of the wall€
    €œNo way!€ protested Joey €œHaven€™t you heard the stories about what€™s down there? I heard there are terrible drainpipe machines with insane names, like Japanese Fighting Tortoise!€
    €œSounds frightening€ agreed Jordan
    €œBut we have to retrieve the trophy€ Tracy reminded them €œIf the sewers is the only way out, then that€™s the way we€™ll have to go I€™m afraid€
    €œI suppose you€™re right€ said Jordan, with Joey nodding slowly in agreement €œWe€™ll have to move fast, we€™ve already wasted a fair amount of time€
    And with no further ado Mark seized a nearby pothole and dragged it open, holding it up for everybody to jump down. Tracy and Kody courageously moved forwards first, jumping in and landing below before calling up to the others to let them know it was safe.
    Jordan and Jack were next to take the plunge, and did so, before Joey reluctantly followed and Mark jumped in after him.
    The sewer was dark and wet, nobody liked it, but Kody was clearly not too bothered and led the team down the pipe. However, as our heroes progressed further and further along they began to hear strange noises further down the tunnel.
    €œWhat is that?€ asked Jack
    €œHopefully we won€™t find out€ replied Mark €œLet€™s keep moving€
    Jack glanced nervously behind him, but there was nothing there and he carried on with more confidence.
    Eventually they began to reach the end of the pipe, but as they had feared something blocked their path.
    €œWho goes there?€ called Kody to the strange shape that lay before them
    All they heard was the whirring of a disc, and an oddly shaped arm raised up into the air.
    €œWhat is it?€ whispered Tracy
    €œDefinitely a robot€ answered Kody quietly €œI€™m just not sure what...€

Encounter!
    1) ???

Do you attack this odd creature, or attempt to converse again?

I heard there are terrible drainpipe machines with insane names, like Japanese Fighting Tortoise!€
    Awesome

I have to put some things like that in... I find it hard to take these RPGs seriously, even my own one right here

I up for talking to it first (pointless fighting something that could be friendly) then fight it if we need to.

Register To Comment