Register To Comment
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New heavy called Troublesome

Progress

started at 1 and finished about 6, cut down one of the gear box plates, made a frame thing to bolt it to and welded it to the robots base. starting to look a bit like something now- well sort of, pics below

[attachment=2:4122jonp]BILD0062.JPG[/attachment:4122jonp]

[attachment=1:4122jonp]BILD0063.JPG[/attachment:4122jonp]

[attachment=0:4122jonp]BILD0064.JPG[/attachment:4122jonp]

should have a nice ground clearance aswell, the base wont be like that at the end- it will be octagonal but for now im leaving off the 4 extra needed bars because im going to reduce its width eventually by taking 25mm off each sides wheel area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good mate, im glad those gearbox plates are being used.

for anyone interested the back supports for the motors were originaly tornado mk1's sprocket carriers.

Those things really get around don't they

more done today,

found out on the gear box plates that compared to where the axle hole is- the motor isnt in the same place on each bracket so i've made sure each axle hole is in the right exact spot which just means the motors don't line up with each other but this really isnt a problem anyway,

also decided im gonna get a mig welder so for now i've mostly tacked the chassis or only partly welded bits on with my arc welder.

[attachment=2:nqyl8jr2]BILD0074.JPG[/attachment:nqyl8jr2]

bit annoyed that i didnt get the buffers mounted as i needed to grind some welds off that bar at the bottom of the bottles before i could do anymore but it was getting late so i left it, i needed to weld some angle section to it but it needed welding on so it was a few mm higher than the bar, so i tried runnin a weld on the bar first and then weld the angle section over that-thinkin it would give me the 4mm extra height i needed but it didnt end up workin and looked a mess so im doin it differently

[attachment=1:nqyl8jr2]BILD0075.JPG[/attachment:nqyl8jr2]

[attachment=0:nqyl8jr2]BILD0072.JPG[/attachment:nqyl8jr2]

its all lookin a bit square at the minute, but when i get doing all the outside frame it will look a bit more interesting

and its all squaring up and all measureing what it should measure so im happy with it

keep up the good work calum. looking good.

Looking good mate! I wouldn't worry about it looking too boxy. Boxes are good for strength, then you can throw some fancy curvy bits on later on

lol

had day off work today so spent day doin heavy stuff,

only having 1 buffer now, becuase the motors dont line up ones lower down than the other so a bottle wont fit under properly, so im using the space below it for the pneumatic tails ram- been having a think and it would be good to have a tail on it and it wont be really alot of effort to do so ill try it out and see if it ends up being useful at keeping the front down. - and since i cant get the other bottle in its left an ideal spot for the ram anyway

i've layed the ram in a rough position and i've got the buffer mounted- it isnt pretty but does the job and it aint goin anywhere................

[attachment=2:1iuxoyvv]BILD0081.JPG[/attachment:1iuxoyvv]

next i had to make some sort of holder for the main co2 bottle i thought long and hard about it, got a bit of inspiration from stampers holder, and came up with this..............

[attachment=1:1iuxoyvv]BILD0085.JPG[/attachment:1iuxoyvv]

cut 2 sections off some steel pipe i had then opened them out until the bottle fitted inside and welded them onto the robot........

[attachment=0:1iuxoyvv]BILD0086.JPG[/attachment:1iuxoyvv]

only 3 pics per post damn..........

had to open up the bigger ring with a scissor jack because im only so strong lol.....

[attachment=2:3ub91yat]BILD0083.JPG[/attachment:3ub91yat]

once it was all in i tried out the bottle - put a jublee clip i think its called on the ring near the bottles neck and it holds the bottle surprisingly well.................

[attachment=1:3ub91yat]BILD0089.JPG[/attachment:3ub91yat]

and here jus a pic of robot with the ram in the front- still need to get it cut down..............

[attachment=0:3ub91yat]BILD0093.JPG[/attachment:3ub91yat]

Looking good. Did the pigeons weld them bottle mounts on? Or they gonna be nice and secure?

Register To Comment