Register To Comment
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Maelstrom: Annihilation

lol macduff the 5th looks like kaizer :P

Quote Originally Posted by team_orr
    lol macduff the 5th looks like kaizer :P
    Considering I haven't seen Kaizer... :P

Woah, filling quickly.

I'll enter Orka RV, Die-Reverta-Tops, Leprosy Infection and, for the fun of it, Spring-BOK!. I'll pull up the stats in a bit.

We are Team Dinowarrior, from Onehouse in Suffolk.

ORKA RV

Weight: 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Basic Invertible box-wedge shape. 1m long, 0.8m wide, 0.3m at maximum height.
    Speed: Some 15mph
    TC: 0
    GC: 8mm, 0mm at front.
    Wheels; 6 inner
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Power; 3x 12v batteries, powered by S28-400 Magmotors, at 24v.
    Colour; Black with white patches
    Weapons; A pneumatic CO2 powered flipping arm that spans most of the robots length. It can throw some 400 kilos and has about 50 flips. Although the arm itself is quite narrow (about half the robot width), the flipper plate expands the full width.
    Srimech: It's a both-er. It can run inverted AND self-right using the arm.
    Inspiration; I've always liked Orcas. Adding the K made it sound more dangerous.
    Strengths; Weapon
    Weaknessess: Hard to turn

DIE-REVERTA-TOPS

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape: A variation on the Wedge shape...it's sort of shaped like Spawn Again, but is more closely sized to Firestorm.
    Speed; 15mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 0mm at front, 10mm at sides and back.
    Wheels; 4 inner
    Armour; 8mm titanium
    Power; 3x 12v batteries, powered by S28-400 Magmotors, at 24v.
    Colour; Green, with Killer Carrot style wrinkles, mouth and eyes. One of the eyes has a plaster over it, the other is a black eye. A few bandages are painted on this time.
    Weapons: A large pneumatic rear-hindged CO2 flipper, capable of flipping a tonne or so. Mounted on the flipper, and powered by its own Bosch motor, is a roller. This is designed to thrust the robot out of the way of oppodents when flipped over, so it can self-right safely. This feature, I believe, is unique.
    Srimech; It uses the flipper to self-right.
    Inspiration; I've always liked Dinosaurs.
    Strengths; Completely revamped, now much easier to control, turn and should flip harder.
    Weaknessess: Still very much experimental.

LEPROSY INFECTION

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape; Invertible box, looks a bit like Tetanus Booster, only slightly larger. About 140cm in length, 90cm in width and 30cm in height.
    Speed; 18mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 6mm. The mini-skirts hang down to about 1mm.
    Wheels; 4 inner, top sticking out. Hinged mini-skirts hang from the side, and these protect the wheels from low lying discs.
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Power; 3x 12v batteries, powered by S28-400 Magmotors. LEM130 motor for the drum.
    Colour; A disgusting shade of lime green.
    Weapons; A very large, very dangerous vertical drum, capable of reaching speeds of 4000rpm. The teeth on the drum are curved upwards so they can flip as well as damage and very sharp at the tip. There is a reason for this explained below. By the drum are two hindged wedge type devices, which drive oppodents onto the drum.
    Srimech; The robot is invertable. Bars along the side and back prevent stranding. The wheel flaps, both on top and bottom, are set so the robot can still run inverted without getting stranded. Once upside down, the teeth of the drum gouge out robot parts.
    Inspiration; Named after the disease which causes the skin to flake and fingers and toes to drop off...namely because the robot does something similar. The basic idea came from an episode of The Simpsons.
    Strengths; Drum, control is pretty good
    Weaknessess; Wheels may be vulnerable to axes

SPRING-BOK!

Weight: 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Mute
    Speed: 15mph
    TC: 0.
    GC: 0 at front, 7mm at sides.
    Wheels: 2 inner.
    Armour: 8mm titanium, covered in 2mm orange fur.
    Power: 3x 12v batteries, powered by a couple of Magmotors (S28-400s).
    Colour: Orange, thanks to the fur.
    Weapons: A powerful, pneumatic CO2 powered front hindged flipper, very much like Mute, except it doesn't have the barbs on the top. The horns also make a smaller rear hindged lifter, identically powered. Should that fail, it does have a back-up plan (see notes).
    Srimech: The flipper does that. And yes, it is prone to pulling off Mute's gymnastics.
    Inspiration: It's named after an antelope.
    Notes: Has an in-built police siren which it activates if the going gets tough. The idea is that the oppodent will think he's about to be arrested then run off.
    Strengths: Experience, powerful weapon.
    Weaknesses: Dodgy srimech, Flammable, back-up plan probably won't work.

Yeah I'd be more inclined to say Kaizer looks like MacDuff the 5th :P
    Although I hadn't seen MacDuff the 5th or any previous incarnation when I made Kaizer so it just happens to be co-incidence.

I do approve of the Saltire painted on the top though, naturally

From Patricia, Canada -- Team Alt!

Mobile Failure, Bloody Frigid, Lime-y and SOTAR, all of which are located here.

Entrants
    Team Varying Everyday, Martijn Benschop
    Sheer Heart Attack 2 [#6]
    Back to Rock III [#15]
    Liar 2
    Under Pressure

Team Picus, Joey McConnell
    Gabriel V [#5]
    Nidhogg Cubed
    Still Hurting
    Magnitude

Team Corsair, Mark Elam
    Cyrilium 5
    Minesweep3r
    Bandwagon 2
    ISRRNY

Team Orr, Jack Orr
    O.I.D
    CrOoKeD EvO
    Gravity
    Iron Awe 5

Team Braveheart, Steven McGregor
    Traffic Warden [#8]
    Spin Dash Unleashed
    Mornington Crescent
    Venus Fly Trap II

Team Zlayerz, Kody Kunz
    Corona [#7]
    Wedginator 9.0
    Jinx
    Macduff the 5th

Team Dinowarrior, Christopher Mason
    Leprosy Infection
    Orka RV
    Die-Reverta Tops
    Spring-BOK!

Team Alt, Tracy Farber
    Mobile Failure
    Bloody Frigid
    Lime-y
    SOTAR

Team ???, Andrew Jackson
    Wedga Triton [#4]
    Gehenna
    PsycloniZer
    Axeon 4.0

Mechanical Maelstrom: Annihilation

Annihilator 1
    Wedga Triton [#4] vs. Nidhogg Cubed vs. SOTAR vs. Orka RV vs. Wedginator 9.0 vs. Mornington Crescent

Annihilator 2
    Gabriel V [#5] vs. Liar 2 vs. Minesweep3r vs. O.I.D vs. Gehenna vs. Bloody Frigid

Annihilator 3
    Sheer Heart Attack 2 [#6] vs. Jinx vs. Bandwagon 2 vs. CrOoKeD EvO vs. Spin Dash Unleashed vs. Leprosy Infection

Annihilator 4
    Corona [#7] vs. Lime-y vs. PsycloniZer vs. Die-Reverta Tops vs. ISRRNY vs. Iron Awe 5

Annihilator 5
    Traffic Warden [#8] vs. Under Pressure vs. Magnitude vs. Cyrilium 5 vs. Gravity vs. Macduff the 5th

Annihilator 6
    Back to Rock III [#16] vs. Venus Fly Trap II vs. Spring-BOK! vs. Still Hurting vs. Mobile Failure vs. Axeon 4.0

Tactics/Predictions?

1st-round predictions/tactics

Wedga Triton [#4] vs. Nidhogg Cubed vs. S.O.T.A.R. vs. Orka R.V. vs. Wedginator 9.0 vs. Mornington Crescent

Ouch, definitely not the best melee for Wedginator 9.0. Mornington Crescent and SOTAR are real threats here with their invertibility on top of their spinnyness, Nidhogg's a bassa to attack and Wedga Trijton is more powerful, I'd say. I think Orka is the easiest to attack here, it doesn't provide too much of a threat, flip it over and push it down the pit. If that's too hard, go for Wedga and do the same. If THAT fails, god help me.

Gabriel V [#5] vs. Liar 2 vs. Minesweep3r vs. O.I.D vs. Gehenna vs. Bloody Frigid

I see Mark crashing out first, of course. :P

Sheer Heart Attack 2 [#6] vs. Jinx vs. Bandwagon 2 vs. CrOoKeD EvO vs. Spin Dash Unleashed vs. Leprosy Infection

Flipper attachment off: during an annihilator, I hate having that exposed. I also hate the number of drums in this, though they will do little to Jinx's scoop, they're dastardly otherwise, so avoid them even if they attack me. If Spin Dash is flipped, get him down the pit, he most likely won't be able to hit me. If not, destroy Bandwagon. :P

Corona [#7] vs. Lime-y vs. PsycloniZer vs. Die-Reverta Tops vs. ISRRNY vs. Iron Awe 5

Argh, flippers. And attacking Psy isn't going to do much so I'm going to destroy Mark with all my might. :P

Traffic Warden [#8] vs. Under Pressure vs. Magnitude vs. Cyrilium 5 vs. Gravity vs. Macduff the 5th

Get rid of Magnitude, Cyrillium, or Gravity, flippers and Mark don't bug me too much. Clampers do. :P

Back to Rock III [#16] vs. Venus Fly Trap II vs. Spring-BOK! vs. Still Hurting vs. Mobile Failure vs. Axeon 4.0

Spring-BOK! to spring out of the competition.

G'luck, me chums.

Annihilator 1
    Wedga Triton [#4] vs. Nidhogg Cubed vs. SOTAR vs. Orka RV vs. Wedginator 9.0 vs. Mornington Crescent

I'm willing to say that Either Nidhogg Cubed, Orka RV, or Mornington Crescent will go out.

Annihilator 2

Hmmm... So many tempting targets... Liar with exposed ground clearance, O.I.D which can't damage me that much, and Bloody Frigid, which can also do very little and has exposed ground clearance... Meh... I'll go after Tracy and use my scoops to get under that thing's sides and back. I'll try to ram it all around the arena, and I'll try to pit it as well. If she tries to grab me with her pincer, then big deal. She'll just make a big dent on my armour. Avoid G5briel , Liar 2, and Gehenna, and make sure that I do some damage if I get out. The only ways I can die are via pitting(Fat chance with my 60-something hp) or via OOTA, since O.I.D's disc isn't powerful enough to cause some serious shock damage.

Annihilator 3

Get under either the sides or rear of CrOoKeD EvO, and flip him around the arena. Avoid SDU and SHA2, unless I can flip CrOoKeD into one of them. Focus only on Jack Orr's machine, and keep flipping it, eventually flipping it OOTA. If Kody tries to assault me, get under Jinx's sides or back to show her I'm one to be messed with. However, keep assaulting CrOoKeD, and hopefully OOTA it.

Annihilator 4

Stay away from Corona at all costs, regardless of whether or not he tries to attack me. Also stay away from PsycloniZer, unless AJ wants to team with me. Anyways, pretty much try to get around to the back of Lime-y, and flip it around, maybe into one of the 2 deadly spinners. If either Iron Awe 5 or Die-Reverta-Tops comes after me, flip them once and run away. Once again, stay away from Corona and PsycloniZer unless AJ is willing to team up with me.

Annihilator 5

I'm actually going to suggest we all go after Gravity. That polycarb won't survive my 700kgs of force in the axe, never mind Martijn's very powerful crusher. Lift it with the lifting arm and axe it to death, and shove it into Traffic Warden if need be. If Kody tries to attack me on purpose, then axe those skirts, and try to get under. Avoid Under Pressure, since even though I could easily dispose of it, I'd rather kill it later then now. Also try to assist Magnitude if it gets attacked.

Annihilator 6

I'm going with Kody on this one. Spring-BOK out.

Annihilator 1
    Wedga Triton [#4] vs. N³ vs. SOTAR vs. Orka RV vs. Wedginator 9.0 vs. Mornington Crescent

Stay out of trouble and go for whoever's nearest or most convenient to attack, try to get under them with the forks, lift to break their traction, crush them and without letting go drop them down the pit. If any part of the maneuver fails, start again :P

Annihilator 2

For now I'll join the general consensus of going for Minesweeper, attack it however I can and generally avoid getting into too much trouble with robots other than Minesweeper and/or the arena hazards, exercise common sense and get through the round safely.

Annihilator 5

For now I'll join the general consensus of going for Min...Cyrillium, attack it however I can and generally avoid getting into too much trouble with robots other than Cyrillium and/or the arena hazards, exercise common sense and get through the round safely. Although if the opportunity should present itself to get Cyrillium out of the arena, do so immediately :P

Annihilator 6

Use the flipper and spikes to keep the opposition at bay until I can get the disc spun up, and then use all three weapons to play defensively and focus on getting through the round rather than going for anyone in particular, unless they threaten me or pose a very easy target. I'm open to teamups

Register To Comment