Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: motors

tbh tom i think my heavy can pwnize your feather

well its personal prefrance, i personaly like the vibe of a ant event but a biggy is kinda ncie with all the dimmed lights etc. you could always do wat i do and make loads of both weight class

£15?

for a pair of wheels!?!

15 quid ain't a bad price for a couple wheels.

If you want cheap wheels, go and buy some adult-size rollerblades. The wheels are strong and are designed to take the weight. With a rubbery, sticky grip and generally not far from 10cm in diameter, it's good deal, especially since you often get 4 wheels on each blade, making for 4 two wheel drive robots or 2 four wheel drive robots.

The only downside is that they are quite skinny, and very little rubber actually touches the ground (otherwise, whilst skating, there would be too much friction for it to be effective), meaning the grip wouldn't be incredible, but for a flipper bot or something, they'd work great

Wow, I wrote more than I thought

Ellis

Sorry, not £15 for simply a pair of wheels
    Its £15 for two good-size, high-traction, great quality (as used by Razer and Behemoth) wheels that come complete with nut inserts to allow you to screw them straight onto cordless drill motor shafts.

Go to Homebase and pick up some large (178mm) wheels with average traction, moderate quality and with nothing more than a simple hole drilled through the middle and you'll have spent more than £15.

That said, it is perfectly possible to make very cheap wheels out of wood and bike tyre, or to pick up second-hand wheels from somewhere that you can adapt to suit your bot.

I paid $12.10 for some Banebots wheels myself, they're almost as good as (if not better than :P) the blue wheels from what I've seen/felt...also slightly more convenient for me as I'm using strange shafts :P

Register To Comment