Register To Comment

Thread: Artemis

This thread is about the birth of Team Hunt's new featherweight, Artemis.

Who Is Artemis?
    Artemis is the greek goddess of hunting, and has been known to give death and disease to people.
    However, the featherweight Artemis will hopefully be a high pressure flipper, capable of giving a few bots a run for their money.

Getting Parts In:
    At the moment, we're bringing in the correct parts.
    So far, we have all the pnumatic parts, they have been tested and work correctly.
    There are just a few cracks in some valves but nothing we cant fix.

What to get now:
    Firstly, we'll be using steel for Artemis, as its stronger than aluminium and it can be welded.
    So, first things first, finding a good place to get some steel.
    There is a scrap yard in essex which we may try, if not then if anyone can suggest a good place to get some steel at a cheap price, then that will be a massive help.
    Another thing to sort out are the motors.
    Since we're making a flipper, pushing power wont be that necesary, although a bit will be nice.
    So, with that siuation, big hulking motors like we have in Hunter wont be that good, plus theyre heavy and would just add more weight.
    We may use drill motors with a chain drive, or we may use something thats cheap, light and offers power.
    The batteries will be easily sorted out, the new batteries we have in HUnter can easily last 3 minutes whilst giving out a mammoth amount of energy.
    So, we'll make another battery like we have in Hunter which will give Artemis plenty of power (plus its just the 1, small, light battery which is a bonus)
    We may also try and find a cheap speedo we can use.

So, things are getting there with her.
    I'll upload any pics and diagrams later.
    If anyone can also help with us finding some of the stuff we need (remember, it has to be CHEAP!!)
    Thanks
    Matt

for the steel you could phone my sponsors, they get all types of stuff so should have what you need

stedmark.com
    01773 713300

and btw you can weld aluminium i also have contatcs for that if needed

nice one
    p.s: (off topic) i got some emails from facebook about bonkerz? but my email said i couldnt open them, all i could see was sombody talking about a pink camo hat? lol :P

ahhhhhhhhhh 12 kg or so without armour or pretty much anything else..............my kind of robot:P

comming along nicley

Register To Comment