Tactics:

Drive straight into the pit.
    Come on Joey, you can do better than that! :P

Revised tactics:

Drive quickly straight into the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflare
    Oh wow, I REALLY need to pay more attention. XD
    Anyway, here's what I'll do:
    1- If GBOD feels like having a team up, go for that.
    Sure, why not.

Sam: Tonight, in Heat G, the gloves come off! The 13th seeds, Seung Mina 6 returns with a vengeance in tonight's heat and five new robots are out to dish some more carnage and take the seeding away! So, ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?!!!!!!

(CROWD CHEERS)

Sam: Yes, they can smell the carnage! SO, LET THE WAAAAAAARS BEGIN!!!

(BATTLE 1!!!)

From Toronto, Ontario, and the 13th seeds, Seung Mina 6!

It's the 13th seeds, an unlucky number for some, but how will it do here? Powered by 2 LEM-130's, this machine can run up to 16mph max, but the main feature of the machine comes in the form of a rear-hinged flipper, powered by a few CO2 tanks and able to tip 2 tonnes over. However, flippers that are gas-powered in any form will definitely have a limited amount of flips, so 13 might not be so lucky for it...

From Richmond upon Thames, O.I.D!

O.I.D will run circles around anyone and make them say, Oh I'm dizzy, hence the name. It has got a horizontal spinner weapon that is made out of hardox and spinning roughly at about 2000RPM. However, it does have exposed wheels, so this robot could spin itself into oblivion.

From Wales, Helix!

Our Welsh machine, Helix is a newcomer but it is a definite contender to be reckoned with. It has an axe, with a Terrorhurtz-like system powering it, and this axe can dent hardox without any problems. It does have a high ground clearence under the skirts, though... does that matter?

Roboteers, Stand By...

There's Jack and Kody together in the control booth at the controls of Seung Mina and O.I.D, and Liam is in the other control booth controlling Helix. Our house robots will be King Arthur, opening up its dreadful maw like a big tiger in for the kill... and Shunt with the diamond coated axe and lifting scoop.

3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!!!

So, watch for the 13th seeded Seung Mina running straight away for Helix, and chasing after it. O.I.D spins up to full speed, but Helix crashes into it, and fires its axe! Now, O.I.D gets pushed into Shunt's CPZ and gets slammed with the razor-sharp, diamond coated axe of Shunt! O.I.D runs away from Shunt, and retaliates by doing a side swipe right into Helix with the flywheel weapon!
    CRASH!!!
    The side skirt made of titanium is BENT, and taking that as an advatage Seung Mina crashes into Helix, and flips it 12 FEET in the air! Good gracious, what power! Helix gets absolutely tossed by the flipper of Seung Mina, and immediately comes down onto its wheels with a stomach wrenching thud! Helix seems to be okay though, and it slams into Seung Mina's side and gets underneath! Now, it slams the 13th seeds into the CPZ of King Arthur who is ready with his flywheel! O.I.D meanwhile is trying to charge at Helix in order to save Seung Mina, but--
    CRASH!!!
    Lord have mercy! Seung Mina soars up in the air, and comes down with a sickening thud! However, it seems okay, and just a small dent can be seen in the armour. If you remember, Whirligig has stopped it from going any farther into the competition last year in a very close judge's decision, but this is an improved machine, it looks like. Seung Mina self-rights, and unexpectedly charges at Helix with its front, but Helix finds out and fights back by turning and getting in under the sides of the Canadian machine! Now--
    CRASH!!!
    OH, what's this?! O.I.D slams into Helix's rear end to save Seung Mina, and makes a dent in the armour of the Welsh machine! Now, O.I.D presses the pit button, and slams itself again into Helix, but this time it's side on!
    CRASH!!!
    Helix's skirt is bent; the machine spins away violently, and crashes into the wall! Seung Mina, crashing into Helix, uses this as an advantage and gets underneath! Now, is Helix a out to go out, I wonder...?
    FLIP!
    No it does NOT go out, fortunately for Liam... Helix immediately retaliates by shoving O.I.D into Shunt again, and now, O.I.D gets a taste of Shunt's axe, but getting away to attack Helix, and this time, Helix is ready as well! Helix and O.I.D have a full frontal collision now!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly, both bots go spinning away again! Seung Mina now gets underneath Helix, but Helix gets away and gets underneath the side of the flipping machine--
    CRASH!!!
    ... and again, O.I.D interferes with Helix! This is a great battle in the making, I must say! I am just really enjoying all the action and excitement here, and what a way to kick off a heat! But Seung Mina, thanks to O.I.D, has gotten away from Helix and gets underneath it once again! Helix is in peril here, as it's being carried towards the wall! Are they going out now?
    FLIP!
    .... and Seung Mina has done it again! Helix fires the axe in dismay, but they are out of the arena and the competition! To celebrate, Seung Mina goes into Shunt's CPZ, and flips it over on its back, and flips it into the pit! Refbot gives Seung Mina a yellow card, and Kody does NOT like that one bit! Seung Mina now gets under the Refbot, and chucks it into the pit as well, but I think there's too much in there already! Jack and Kody are going nuts up there in their control pods, and Liam is laughing at the house robots' humiliation as well! They sure love to take on the house bots, don't they?

CEASE!

Helix is definitely going to feel dizzy in the morning.
    Seung Mina 6 (13) and O.I.D go through to Round 2!

Sam: Welcome back. We're about to get into our second fight of the evening, with three brand-new robots coming into the arena, but one is going to come out and meet their maker.

(BATTLE 2!!!)

From Hoogvilet, in Holland, GBOD!

GBOD will run in circles around anyone if they're not fast enough to get away. It's packed with a spinning body revolving around 2000RPM, and spins its way back up when flipped over. However, it's slow to self-right, and it's got only 10km / hr (6.21 mph) top speed. Good machine, though.

From Patricia, Ontario, Bloody Frigid!

Bloody Frigid will knock opponents out cold if they aren't quick enough. The crushing claw packs a wallop, powered by Vivoil Pump running off a S28-400 magmotor, and a srimech that is very similar to Razer helps it get back on its wheels. When you combine that with tough armour, 15 mph top speed, you got a machine that will kick ro-butt big time!

From Bodmin, Roadblock!

Roadblock is a golden oldie, having won the first series of Robot Wars. Unfortunately though, it's pretty outdated but it DOES have a nasty sting in the tail, carrying a saw that will cause some good damage. Its top speed is 5 mph, which is extremely slow... and I doubt it will go very far in the competition.

Roboteers, Stand By...

There's Tracy and Leo in one control booth, at the controls of Bloody Frigid and GBOD respectively, and Joey controls Roadblock in the other booth. The house robots in the battle come in the form of Sgt. Bash, with the flamethrower and the claws, and also Napoleon Botaparte with the amazing pushing power.

GBOD immediately spins up to full speed, while Bloody Frigid chases after Roadblock, and get underneath its side! Now, it crunches into the armour of Roadblock, and pushes the former Robot Wars champ right into Sgt. Bash! It brings the claw down on Roadblock, and causes more damage! The side is crunched severely, and GBOD stays out of trouble at the moment, but now it comes into the action! Roadblock gets away from Sgt. Bash, and gets underneath the side of Bloody Frigid, but it's quick to get away from the scoop of Roadblock! Now, it gets a tight grip on Roadblock again, and slams it right into GBOD's 2000RPM spinning shell, rear-first!
    CRASH!!!
    Roadblock spins out of control, and there is a gash in it! Now, Roadblock's in trouble here already, its circular saw is not moving at all! GBOD's spinner must have disabled the motor of the saw, and now, GBOD spins up again, and slams into Roadblock's side! Roadblock tries getting away but...
    CRASH!!!
    Roadblock is just getting crushed here, and there is a huge gash in the left side of it due to that 2000RPM spinning shell! Roadblock spins away out of control and into the wall it goes! Bloody Frigid comes in for the kill again, and slamming into Roadblock! Roadblock is in all sorts of trouble here, really... and it's in even more trouble as it goes right into the spinning ring of GBOD courtesy of Bloody Frigid...
    CRASH!!!
    Good gracious me, sparks are flying, and another huge gash in the side of Roadblock has been made, exposing the mechanics! Roadblock is still hanging in there though, but it's limping around the arena as it heads for the pit release button--
    CRASH!!!
    Oh dear, that did not look very good for Roadblock as GBOD just slammed into it again! The slam sends Roadblock spinning away into the wall again, and there's a huge gash on the right side of Roadblock now! Roadblock is still moving here, strangely enough, hitting the pit button! Now, GBOD immediately spins up again, and slams into the machine from Bodmin... Roadblock is now trying to save itself by driving towards the open pit--
    CRASH!!!
    Too late. The spinner sends Roadblock spinning away into the center of the arena, and there's a battery hanging out of the machine... I think that Roadblock is a goner, to be honest... there is no movement in the machine whatsoever. The Refbot starts counting the first Robot Wars champ out!
    1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10!!!
    Roadblock is out of there, and now the arena becomes sort of a playground for the house robots... Napoleon slams into Roadblock and pushes it somewhere, and I've got a bad feeling it's going to be... yup, just as I suspected, it's the drop zone. Well, I tell you, Roadblock has made a valliant effort in this battle to stay alive and put up a fight, but now a steel ladder is about to go crashing down on Roadblock! The countdown is on from the audience!
    10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... CRASH!!!
    Roadblock gets slammed hard by the steel ladder as it goes tumbling down from 38 feet above the arena floor, and finally Roadblock is going down into the pit with help from Bloody Frigid any minute... now. BOOM!

CEASE!

Roadblock gets blocked from going farther into the competition.
    GBOD and Bloody Frigid go through!

Round 2 Line-Ups
    Seung Mina (13) VS Bloody Frigid
    GBOD VS O.I.D

Tactics and Predictions are always appreciated.

I haven't been on such tenterhooks for a long while. :shock:

Yay @ getting through good job Sam

Seung Mina VI (13) vs. Bloody Frigid

I'm really gonna regret help making Bloody Frigid, I can tell. :P

Anyway, Mina is tough to latch onto properly due to the shape and center of gravity, so try and use that to slip out of any dangerous situations. Other than that, get in Frigid's face and give it a good flipping, preferably over walls and into house robots. If I'm feeling like an arse, try and get its srimechs damaged through much bashing. :P Of course the pit is a nice option too. Let's relive the glory days of Mina 3.

GBOD vs. O.I.D.

lmao I'll say O.I.D. :P

oid vs gbod

ah, right this should be a corker! (great fights so far btw, keep it up!) these 2 robots are similar in many ways:

Kody says:
    both acronyms,
    both powerful FBS/ring spinners
    and both end in D
    which stands for dead
    which will be what the arena will end up being
    so this should be pretty even, however im feeling lucky! (and no thats not a google plug ) as i see it there are 2 possible plans of attack:

1: rev-charge-insane impact-double K.O/one robot standing

2: spin up and then run away...open up the pit or turn on hazards etc, then try and use my rear to ricochet him away/over (no scrimech ) /into hazards/house bots/ oota...the last of which may work if im near enough to the walls....if that dosent work use the disk and pull the suicide/insane impact card....you never know :wink:

use whichever seems fitting...

good luck matey!

jack

Tactic, spin up and attack. Rinse, repeat.

May the toughest robot win.

Justine: Right Kody, the draw has been made and you are up against Bloody Frigid! What do you think about that?
    Kody: Crap. Now, I'm not saying this because I'm worried; I'm saying it because I helped a lot with building it with Tracy. it's going to be very difficult breaking up a machine that I've worked so hard on...
    Justine: Ouch, that's not very good. Anyway, tactics?
    Kody: Uh... yeah. I'm just going to flip it anywhere I want, including the house robots...
    Justine: What do you think about Tracy?
    Kody: She is highly respectable, I respect her very much myself, but being up against her... well, we'll see how it goes.
    Justine: All right then, good luck and may the best robot win.
    Kody: Thanks.

Justine: Hey Tracy, how's Bloody Frigid doing?
    Tracy: Pretty good, I'm just sharpening the beak up. So who am I up against?
    Justine: Do you really want to know?
    Tracy: Yeah, of course.
    Justine: Oh, I wouldn't be so sure, because you're up against Seung Mina.
    Tracy: Hahahaha! So I'm up against Kody. I think I'm dead, because Kody is one of the best vapourboteers, so I'll try my best to avoid the front, and hopefully put up a good fight.
    Justine: All right, good luck.
    Tracy: Ta.

Sam: Hey, if you thought that was gruesome, you haven't seen nothing yet! LET ROUND 2 BEGIN!!!

(BATTLE 3!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome...

BLOODY FRIGID!!!

SEUNG MINA 6!!!

Roboteers, Stand by...

Tracy Farber is in the first booth at the controls of Bloody Frigid, and Kody Kunz in the other booth at the controls of Seung Mina. House robots in this fight will be Dead Metal with the scorpion-like pincers and the nasty sting of the saw, and the great spinning hammers of Mindbender.

Seung Mina, immediately out of the traps, and Bloody Frigid chases after it. Now, Seung Mina turns and slides its wedge underneath Bloody Frigid! The machine from Patricia is in peril from Seung Mina, and gets flipped into one of the CPZ's. Of course, if you are in them, the house robots can come and attack you. Dead Metal is about to do just that on Bloody Frigid, and gets in with the pincers... BUT WAIT! Bloody Frigid gets away from the CPZ and fights back by getting underneath Seung Mina's side! The crusher comes down, and now it slams the 13th seeds into the spinning hammers of Mindbender!
    CRASH!!!
    What a hit; that attack sends Seung Mina spinning away into the centre of the arena... Seung Mina is okay though... or is it?! The 13th seeds are slightly, only slightly limping, it looks like! I think that Mindbender did something to the inside of the machine. However, that doesn't stop Seung Mina from getting underneath Bloody Frigid again! Now, it carries the crusher towards the barrier, and tries to flip it over the fence!
    FLIP!
    Bloody Frigid almost gets flipped out, but it bounces off the wall and back into the arena it goes! Immediately, Bloody Frigid presses the pit button and gets under Seung Mina! It drags the 13th seeds closer to the pit, but Seung Mina is able to get away just in the nick of time! This is a very good battle we're seeing here, and now, Seung Mina gets under Bloody Frigid again, and carries it to the wall! Now, Bloody Frigid is in danger of getting flipped out here...
    FLIP!
    ... but Tracy refuses to take no for an answer here, and Bloody Frigid survives the flip a second time! Great defence by the newcomer, I must say. Bloody Frigid self-rights, and gets under the side of Seung Mina with the front wedge... and brings the crusher down again! Now, it drags Seung Mina right into Dead Metal's CPZ, and Dead Metal clamps Seung Mina with the pincers and brings that dreadful saw down! BZZT! Sparks fly violently and scatters the arena floor! This just might turn into a very big upset if the 13th seeds crash out in the second round! Seung Mina wants to prove that wrong, as it gets away from Dead Metal and gets under Bloody Frigid's side! Bloody Frigid is in peril here again, as it gets carried away to the wall!
    FLIP!
    BUT NO! Tracy survives Kody's attack once again here! Bloody Frigid is doing extremely well in the battle against the 13th seeds here, and it could pull off a huge upset here. Seung Mina is not done yet, as it flips Bloody Frigid again, and tries to push it towards the pit, but the crusher self-rights again and gets away miraculously! This is a great battle between two outstanding robots here! Both bots want very badly to finish this once and for all, but Bloody Frigid gets underneath the side of Seung Mina and gets the crushing claw down again, and starts dragging it... towards the pit! Now, the 13th seeds are in danger of falling here... Bloody Frigid is about to pull off a very big victory here and Seung Mina tries to get away... and it does! Now, Seung Mina gets underneath Bloody Frigid's side, and drags it towards the wall again! Now it fires the flipper...
    FLIP!
    Bloody Frigid, what a performence this is! It escapes defeat yet another time, and time is running out for both of these robots now...
    10... 9... 8...
    Bloody Frigid gets underneath again, and puts the claw down on Seung Mina again...
    7... 6... 5... 4...
    The 13th seeds get dragged onto the saws for some sparks, and BZZT! Sparks fly, and the audience just loves it! Seung Mina gets away though...
    3... 2... 1...
    and I think time has run out for both of these bots. My god, what a fantastic battle this is!

CEASE!

... and yes, and it will go to a judges' decision, since the bots are still mobile.

JD: Seung Mina / Bloody Frigid
    Style: 2.4/5 / 2.6/5
    Damage: 2/5 / 3/5
    Control: 2.6/5 / 2.4/5
    Aggresion: 2.9/5 / 2.1/5
    Total Score: 9.9/10 / 10.1/20

Looks like 13 was an unlucky number for Seung Mina 6. Oh dear...
    Bloody Frigid goes through to the Heat G Final!

Gah...

Well I'm not entirely sure how Frigid was able to control Mina that easily (especially from the sides), but good fight regardless, well done Tracy.

And yeah, I stand by what I said about GBOD crashing out. :P

Register To Comment